Thursday, July 28, 2005

Just Rambling

I have successfully gotten A to school again, on time even. When J. goes back to high school in a few weeks, mornings will really get busy. Then I will be a screaming shrew.

Maybe I'm anal (well okay I know I am) but does this bug anyone else? You are waiting at a stop sign, at the crosswalk. It is almost your turn to go. But...someone pulls up across from you and opens their door. They haven't parked or pulled over. They are at the stop sign with people lined up behind them and they are letting their kids out right there. I could hurry and go, but I'm not going to. I love kids (most kids anyway) and would never chance even coming close to hitting one. There are some adults I sometimes fantasize about running down...heh heh heh.

So people behind me are waiting. People behind them are waiting and they are too incredibly lazy to park and drop their kids off like the rest of us. Or perhaps their time is just more important than ours.

Another peeve - this applies to my older daughter's high school. There is a circular area where you can drop your kids off. (I've tried dropping her in the parking lot, but with all the insane drivers it looks like a game of Frogger.) You are supposed to pull to the right and let your kids out on the sidewalk. Some people pull to the right. Some people pull to the left. Some people stay in the middle and block everybody. I try to pull to the right and let her out. I put on my turn signal when I am done so I can re-enter traffic. (I know most people don't use turn signals anymore. Call me old-fashioned.) Then nobody will let me out or somebody will pull next to me right in the middle and let their kids out. Hello - does anybody see me? Am I driving too politely? Should I just pull out and make everyone hit their brakes? Maybe mow down a few teens?

And why oh why do people not let teens get across the crosswalk or the parking lot? Just because they are adult sized doesn't mean they aren't kids. Please act like they are all your own child. Let them cross - give them room - even if they are walking really slowly, glaring at the world, and have multiple piercings. They're still kids too - just funny-looking ones. (Yes - I was a funny-looking teen. Gasp if you must.)

Off on another tangent. I needed a shower this morning and had ten minutes to get out the door. I didn't shut the bathroom door because then SJ screams and kicks the door, thus waking the whole household. SJ decided he needed to take a shower too. Got in clothing and all. Screamed because he wanted to hold the detachable shower head. He is the holder of the hose and he excels at it. So I got my unfavorite kind of shower. I got wet really quickly. Then I washed up. Then I "borrowed" the hose to rinse off - SJ complaining bitterly during the whole ten seconds I alloted myself. Someday he will be sitting in high school, have a flashback of me naked, fall to the floor in the fetal position, and never get up again. Guess this is why we don't remember being two, huh?

Oh and when it was time to brush A's hair, she informed me that we brushed it yesterday. You know, I brushed my teeth yesterday. Guess I'm good to go. Want a kiss?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home