Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Longest Day

My husband decided to work from home today. I like it when he works from home. He eats lunch with the rest of us, and it's just nice to have him here. He has a laptop and a wireless router so he can sit anywhere with his laptop and work. He can sit on the couch, the bed, at the kitchen counter on the toilet if he chooses. Today, however, he sat at the computer desk blocking the main computer with his body. I had no internet access all day. I think this is his way of getting me to do housework.

You see, I use the computer all day long. I go to it in between cleaning the living room, changing diapers, cooking lunch, etc. I check my e-mail, I blog, I go on eBay, I look for nude pictures of Vin Diesel. Anyone got that url? Okay kidding about the pictures of Vin Diesel but you get my drift.

Yes, I could spend a lot more time doing housework but it's not very rewarding. I clean a room. It's beautiful for five minutes. The kids come through. Oh it looks like crap again. If you want to walk through a house without getting your feet impaled on toys, don't come here.

So today I worked on laundry and worked on laundry some more. (It's still not done - damn laundry.) I changed sheets. Cooked at least five times. Why five times? Well the little ones got up and I made pancakes. The husband got up - I made pancakes. Princess J got up - I made pancakes. I'm a sucker, huh? But I do make good pancakes. I cleaned the kitchen, got A's school clothes ready for tomorrow, tried to see what kind of furniture the neighbors were having delivered, (more on that tomorrow), and I even found the remote control that had been missing for two days! Okay, A. helped me with that one. Tomorrow I'm cleaning her room - while she is gone - best way to do it. Hee hee hee.

My husband has another way of tricking me into doing housework. He calls me from work and tells me that he is bringing a friend home. I scurry around in fast forward while screaming at the children to "get out of the way. Someone's going to see this house. Aagh."

Then he calls two hours later and says he has to work late and the friend won't be coming after all. He's done this to me at least three times although he claims that really isn't what he's doing, and that a friend was really coming over. He sounds sincere. What do you think?

Anyway, finally, the computer was mine only J. beat me to it. I turned on the oven timer for an hour. She wasn't happy, but at least I didn't pull rank and just kick her off. She can have it back when I'm done. Darn it, didn't Vin Diesel ever pose nude?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want some pancakes...wanna make me some too?
Just kidding.
Cute pic of A. by the way.
I loved Karate when I was little; I'd just make sure she does not practice on SJ. Hehe.

TechieInTheBlack

11:06 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Oh my god, my husband does the same thing, only he doesn't have a laptop, he has to actually use the home computer. and his connection has to be set up in such a way that I cannot access my email at all while he is connected (do you think he's lying?)And I spend all day gnawing my nails and wanting emails and blogs and instead I have to actually play with my children, damn them! Because my computer is my link to the outside world when I am going bonkers at home. I don't want to go meet mommies at the playground, i have friends : )

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home