Wednesday, July 27, 2005

New Neighbors and Old

We recently had new neighbors move in next door. They have four kids, three of them boys, so I imagine their Mom is hanging onto her sanity by a thread also.

Our old neighbors were okay. They were nice enough, but their dog was annoying. Also, there was this thing with their driveway. They expanded their driveway and it came into out front yard by a foot. We don't use our front yard. It's a big hill and mostly unusable, but husband was livid becaue of property value issues. So he had me call our community services district. They enforce the CC&R's. I will just call them the Stupid Town community services District for story purposes. (STD for short.)

So I called STD and they were really snooty. This was a civil matter. We would have to hire a land surveyor for about one-thousand dollars, and take the neighbors to court, if indeed they were on our land.

You see, STD enforces the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF. They are there to catch the scofflaws who park boats or RV's in their driveway, paint their house an unnapproved color, house farm animals or build a fence out of the WRONG materials. Encroaching on your neighbor's property is not important!

The neighbor told my husband that he had actually set back his property line for PG & E easements and that he technically wasn't going into our yard. My husband dropped the subject but remains unconvinced.

So those neighbors are GONE, GONE, GONE. We have new neighbors with KIDS. Of course A. could hear them in their pool in their backyard and kept climbing on the fence to look and say hello. (Very social, my A.) I have continually explained to her that people don't want you peeking over the fence to see them when they are in their own back yard. That's just as annoying as when someone's kid stares at you in the restaurant while you're trying to eat. Do you ever wonder if you growled and snapped at them if their parents would notice?

Okay, on to the new neighbors. Yesterday, they got furniture delivered. I wanted to see what it was. Maybe it was a couch without marker stains! Maybe it was a dining room table without crayon marks! I kept waiting to see. Unfortunately you can only stand with your nosed pressed at the window so long without being branded "Mrs. Cravitz."

I never did see what they got. Perhaps I will ask E. next time I see him.

1 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

We have a neighbor who wanders the neighborhood, throwing baseballs at stop signs and running them down. I never considered the security aspects of his patrolling. I have worried about my car windows, but he seems to have good aim...

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home