Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Waiting for Coffee

Our coffee pot recently took a powder. It was a Black & Decker Smart Brew and I loved it. The coffee tasted so good.

We had a French Press up in the cupboard. Iused that until my two year old smashed it in the sink. Fortunately I was right there. I grabbed him before he could grab a handful of glass shards. ( I'm sure that as he gets older, we will be frequent ER visitors. "It's the B family again. His chart is right there - the one that's five times thicker than the others." Maybe they will start giving us frequent injury discounts.)

We had an old cheap coffee pot in the garage. I cleaned that up to use. It made the coffee taste like crap - really bitter. I enjoy taste along with my fix so that wasn't working.

Out from under the cupboard came my yard sale, fifty-cent, tin camping coffee pot. It makes decent coffee. But first you have to wait for it to come to a boil - then it has to percolate for five minutes. (I think.) Coffee takes a bit longer these days. The sound of it percolating is kind of comforting though. Probably childhood memories resurfacing.

Well Dennis the Menace has arrived and won't leave the mouse alone. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home