Tuesday, August 02, 2005

"Cookie" Magazine

I received this ad in the mail for a new children's magazine. Very slick graphics. Looked interesting...until I read further.

This magazine was not actually for children. It was for parents. Unfortunately it was for parents who live on another freaking planet than the one I currently inhabit!

It was from the company that puts out "Vogue" if that gives you a clue.

Part of the ad said, "Find out where to take the best family vacations...for those who can afford it." Yes, I'm not making this up. Suggestions were taking your child to Alaska and other "exotic" locales.

There apparently was an article on buying "quality" children's clothing for parents who refused to put their kids in clothing with "cartoon characters" on it. Well sorry A., I guess I'm throwing out your Sponge Bob shirt. It isn't hoity toity enough.

Another article was on the key interview questions to ask your Nanny. I'm guessing Jude Law didn't write this article. It would bring a whole new meaning to, "Do you want this position?"

I quickly ascertained that this magazine was "not for me." Nowhere was there an article entitled, "How to keep the skanky ho next to you from hogging up all the good stuff at the garage sale."

"Cookie" magazine. Excuse me while I go toss mine.

6 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Remember that thing you wanted to do in high school? Where they taught you modeling, etc. and promised to get you bit parts? I think it was called Barbazon (or was it Barbarella?). All we would have had to do is put on a second mortgage to send you. This magazine sounds like the same kind of crapola.

There will probably even be two lines at the Pearly Gates-One for upper crust and one for us.

8:25 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

This is just a note to Mad Rabbit. I went to your blog. When are you going to start posting? I know you have fund stuff to say.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want a cookie...

TechieWHoWantsCookie

10:21 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

correction: fun stuff-if you had losts of "fund stuff", D and I would move in with you.

11:47 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

corrction: lots not losts

11:49 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

correction: correction

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home