Thursday, August 18, 2005

Do I Have To Think Up A Title?

Today has been a beautiful day - not as hellishly hot as usual - with a nice breeze. I put the dog in the backyard so he could enjoy the day. He stared at me reproachfully through the glass door with his buggy little eyes. I told him to go do doggy things, chase squirrels, pee on bushes, those types of things. He laid down and did nothing. My kids are also like that when I try to get them to play outside. Mutant kids. Mutant dog.
******************************
There was a Mercedes SUV on the highway today with a license plate that read "ALL NATL". (all natural?) If I had that kind of money, I would be so nipped, tucked and filled with plastic, that nothing about me would be natural.
******************************
My crazy friend S called today. She told me that her therapist told her she didn't need to see him anymore, that she was fine. She's been seeing him a month. After two to three months, I quit going to my therapist against her wishes. Does this mean S is more sane than me or that her therapist got tired of her blathering? I hope it was the latter.
******************************
Speaking of S, she was complaining about one of her (now ex) friends visiting her. She said he brought his kids over and then kept leaving them in the apartment with her while he went out to his car and snorted drugs. I realized again how little she and I had in common. I was outraged because he was driving around high with his kids in the car. She was outraged because she was afraid her neighbors would see him doing drugs and think badly of her. I wish I could say, "Trust me S. Your neighbors already know you're a freak."
******************************
I have decided on SJ's Halloween costume. I picked it because he is a perpetual motion machine who refuses to go to bed before ten at night. I am buying him a pink sweatsuit and making him some ears and a tail. He is going to be the Energizer Bunny.
******************************
J had her school photos done this week. I enjoy having school photos. I don't enjoy the outrageous price of school photos. Why can't they sell them by the sheet like the photo studios do? I wanted an 8x10 and some wallets. That's it. The least expensive package with an 8x10 in it was thirty-nine dollars! Gas prices are crazy. Groceries are ridiculous and I'm getting ripped off on school photos. Ugh.
******************************
I read a quote by Ellen Degeneres. Usually I don't find her funny, but this one surprised me.

"We're lazy. We used to have breath mints. Now we have breath strips. They just dissolve on our tongue for us. Can we not suck anymore?"
******************************
Have a great Friday.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

It's funny that the therapist said it was over...I thought they always hung on as long as possible! There was an article in New York Magazine about it.

When I saw a career counselor (I thought of her as a "job shrink"), she still wanted to see me even after I decided to leave my job and write/be a yoga teacher.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

The therapist I had, wasn't helping me enough in the hour that we had. We could have gone MUCH quicker. I guess it's all about the money. (for some - not all therapists.) And have you ever noticed that some of the people that do counseling are really screwed up themselves?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go to the library and get "Beyond Therapy" it's funny...and has to do with what you are talking about. Good laughs...

9:16 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

that's why people get into the mental health filed - to fix themselves. Which doesn't mean they are not perfectly good or capable therapists. But I have found this to be the case over and over again. Having said that, wonder why it never occurred to me to become a therapist? : )

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home