Thursday, August 25, 2005

Driving Miss Gimme

My last post was about Myrtle the Turtle and how somehow she started the downfall of my Wednesday evening. Now I will continue with how low my evening sunk, courtesy of Princess J.

J called me at home after play auditions. I went to get her. Immediately I got chastised because I didn't "see her" in the parking lot. Let's see, tons of people with kids, cars going in different directions, and I didn't see her. I am SUCH an idiot.

As we left, SJ started yelling, a happy yell.

Princess J yells, "Shut up!"

Me: "You shut up. He's just being happy."

J: "Well it's annoying."

Me: "We've driven here four times today. Maybe he's bored."
"By the way, if you're doing a play, we can't do voice lessons also."

J: "Why not?" (using her haughtiest voice)

Me: "Because A has taekwondo twice a week and you will be having play rehearsals. I can't fit everything into my schedule. Your friend K only does voice lessons, not theatre also."

J: "She does like three things!"

Me: "Well I'm not going to spend all my time driving you around."

J is annoyed as driving her around and kissing her ass is my sole purpose for living, at least it should be.

A started talking in the back seat, and I wasn't listening, due to the fact I was trying to pay attention to the road. (She talks incessantly. You have to filter it.) J started yelling at her.

J: (screaming) That's really rude, A!"

Me: What!

J: "She's pulling her eyes out at the edge saying she's a Chinese girl."

Me: "A, that's not a nice thing to do. Don't do that." (A had no idea she was being innappropriate and she was copying a friend from school. She has been enlightened.)

J: "Yeah, A that's mean."

Me: "J, it's my job to discipline, not yours."

J: "Well you weren't doing it."

Me: "I was watching the road. I didn't know she was doing it. Add Monday to your grounding." (She was already grounded until Friday.)

A: "Mom"

Me: "What?"

A: (in a serious tone) "I love my family."

Me: "We love you too, sweetie."

J: "That timing is off."

A: "What, J?"

Me: "Nothing A, she had nothing important to say, as usual."

J: (not hearing me say "as usual") That's right, nothing important, just like always."

Me: "Like I said, as usual."

J: (trying to play the guilt card) "You never listen to anything I have to say anyway."

Me: "Shut up."

J: "Does the truth hurt?"

Me: "Extend your grounding until Wednesday."

J: "It should be Tuesday."

Me: "I'm tired of your mouth. Make it till Wednesday."

J: "What the hell?"

Me: "I already told you today that if you said that to me again, you were grounded for a week. Consider yourself grounded indefinitely."

J: "You never had a problem with me saying it before." (I'm not sure WHY she thought this.)

Me: "Yes I do have a problem with it. You're grounded indefinitely."

J: (who never knows when to shut the hell up.) "Fine then."

Yes indeedy, fine then. The tone for my evening was set.

J treats her siblings like crap. She yells at them, slams her bedroom door in their face and ignores them when they're talking to her.

Very rarely, she does something nice, and I say nicely, "How good it is to see you doing something together."

Apparently the positive reinforcement doesn't get through, because she is more often nasty.

So the whole evening I was irritated with her and the other two. I am tired of trying to give my best to my family and hearing them bitch. They bitch more than they say "thank you", trust me.

Everyone in this family wants something from me, and none of them are satisfied. I built a head of steam last night and I was throwing myself a pity party. Good thing the internet was out or I would have treated all of you too it.

I started fantasizing about what it would be like to have a whole week with no family. Just one week. I haven't even had a day to myself in six years. And I mean TO MYSELF with nobody else around. I want to start a chore without being interrupted so many times that I forget what the heck I was doing in the first place.

So my next post will be what I would do with a week to myself. A girl has got to have her fantasies.

8 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

run away to tahiti with me, carolyn. i could use a week as well. heck, i'd be happy with a week in a local hotel, frankly. let's go!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Wouldn't it be great? Books, chocolate, cantaloupes and nobody asking for anything!

6:59 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

sleep, sleep....sleep some more....ah, bliss....

6:48 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You don't need the next post. On Day 2 you would be strongly missing your family, and on Day 3 you will be heading home. We all know what a softy you are...

7:32 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Hi Carolyn,

I put up the Thai tofu recipe in my comments section, after your comment.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thank you bearette.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Oldhorsetailsnake - You're right that I would miss them, but I want the house to myself for a week, so they would have to be the ones coming back. I doubt they would want to. It would be too much like braving the lion in its den.

8:06 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Sounds like a rough day. All I can say is when "J" comes down here after being in Fresno for a week or two, she is really homesick for her Mom

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home