Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dyson, Here I Come

Last night, while I was vacuuming, my vacuum began spewing smoke. About time!

About three years ago, I purchased a Eureka Airstream. I thought I was getting a good buy. Ha ha.

(My tip for the day is to go to epinions.com before you make any major appliance purchases!)

The vacuum didn't work too badly, but when I went to buy bags, I got an unpleasant surprise. The kind of bags it took weren't in the stores. I had to go to a specialty vacuum store and pay over five dollars for three bags! What a rip-off!

Like most vacuums, it began losing suction fairly quickly. It just couldn't take the amount of work that my family put it through.

Recently, I noticed some holes in the cord. I told my husband it was unsafe and we would have to get rid of it. He fixed the holes with electrical tape. CRAP!

But, as luck would have it, last night it performed its final job.

I told my husband that I wanted to get a Dyson with some of the refinance money. I want the purple Dyson - the one that gets up animal hair. Supposedly, they NEVER lose suction.

My sister said hers passed the test. Apparently her husband has vacuumed up small animals, and yet it still works. For the record, I vacuum much like her husband does. (and the small animals were perhaps an exxageration.)

Maybe I'm pitiful. I used to admire sleek sports cars. I thought they were pretty cool. Now coolness has a new definition for me. It's a purple vacuum cleaner. I can't wait to hear her engine purr.

3 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

I love my vacuum cleaner. i left the workings to my hubby to figure out - he is addicted to consumer reports, and we got a beaut that works wonderfully. and my only criteria, if at all possible - I wanted a blue one.

it's middle age or motherhood, i can't decide which stole my mojo : )

4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*shaking head*

It sucks?

TEchIE

9:32 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

My vacuum cleaner is biting the dust also. It must be an epidemic. My husband looked at Dysons yesterday and said "They cost $400". I told him that's because your carpet lasts longer.

I may work on our vacuum a bit today to make sure it doesn't work again.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home