Saturday, August 27, 2005

Fantasy Week Continued

I finished my bath and it was around two o'clock on day one. I was thinking about lunch.

I went to the freezer and found a Thai peanut chicken rice bowl. A beautiful aroma wafted from the microwave as it cooked. Nobody came in the kitchen saying, "I'm hungry, Mom" the very second I was beginning to eat.

For dessert, I had a piece of frozen Pepperidge Farms three layer chocolate cake. They're best when they're frozen.

Fat was coursing through my veins making me very sleepy. Six years of sleep deprivation had piled up. I decided to put Rip Van Winkle to shame and take a nap. I slept two hours.

When I woke up, I turned on the TV. I flicked from channel to channel and found a CSI marathon. Brainlessly, I stared at the tv for three hours. I heard EVERY SINGLE WORD!

After watching television, I went to the kitchen and popped some kettle corn. I LOVE kettle corn. It was all mine. I didn't have to hide around the corner so the two-year old wouldn't want some. (choking hazard) I ate it ON THE COUCH! Nobody jumped on my lap and spilled it.

Around eight thirty, I picked up another book. Kim Harrison had written a fourth volume in her "Dead Witch Walking" series. I read until my eyelids hurt and fell asleep on my very comfortable couch.

What a lovely start to my fantasy week.

3 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

The only trouble with your vacation is that you have to go shopping first and prepare all your own food. You need someone to pamper you for a week

1:08 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

The first words out of the kids when they get back won't be "Hi, Mom," but "Mom! Who ate all the cake?"

7:39 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Do you think the chocolate crumbs around my lips will give me away?

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home