Thursday, August 18, 2005

For All Aspiring Authors

I've been meaning to post this. This is for anyone who wants to write a book, but then has no idea on how they would get it viewed.

The staff at Kirkus Reviews magazine is holding a contest to discover the best unpublished first novel or story collection.

The contest is open to all unpublished authors who have written manuscripts of 150 pages or more. A submission fee of $150.00 must accompany the manuscript.I know $150.00 is a lot of money, but it seems small change to get a guarantee of having your manuscript read.

For more details, go to www.kirkusawards.com.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Thanks Carolyn, I will check it out. I wonder if there is a deadline?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

In case anyone is wondering, the deadline is November 1, 2005. Eek. I doubt I'll be done writing and revising by then. Still, it's a very nice opportunity.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha, this reminds me a this excerpt I had to read and write a short essay on for my enligsh class last night... it's called "Shitty First Drafts" By Anne Lamott.

Techie

2:26 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Enligsh?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Si

5:14 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I wish I had spent some of this downtime starting my great American novel. I hope you are going to give it a try.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home