Thursday, August 11, 2005

I Know Why Some Species Eat Their Young

A is making me insane-absolutely crazy, batty, around the bend, blithering insane.
How is she doing this? By being herself!

Every order and rule has to be questioned. I am so weary of hearing, "Why? I don't want to. NO! I don't like the way this tastes. I don't like you. Why can't I...?", and every other version of her giving me grief.

She goes to school from 8 to 2 and even the few hours she is home, make smoke come out my ears.

This morning when I took her to school, I walked her to a certain point. She wanted to go the rest of the way alone. This is fine, but the bell was about to ring and she wanted to take a "short" cut. (the long way around) She stood there and ARGUED with me until the bell rang, at which point I clenched my teeth (literally) and growled, "GET TO ClASS!"

I am not proud of my parenting skills when it comes to A. I am always screaming at her. Last night, she found a perfume sample in a magazine and put it on. I told her it smelled too strong and I didn't want any on. What did she do? She came up and RUBBED IT ON MY WRIST! So I screamed, "Goddamn it, get out of here!" Another proud parenting moment was seared into her memory, I'm sure. It's seared into mine.

When she went on vacation for a week with her grandparents, I vowed to remember what a treasure she was and to be more patient. Within ONE DAY of having her back I was screaming again.

I love this child, but our personalities totally clash. She has to question EVERYTHING. Would it be that damn hard to listen once in a while, WOULD IT?

Do doctors give out valium prescriptions anymore? Something please, to take the edge off, before I start banging my head into the wall to get the frustration out.

Where does patience come from, and where can I buy some?

Ugh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm working on a collection of valium of Elicia and myself, shall I begin one for you too?

Techie

9:43 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Please.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you should get her involved with the theatre...she'd be like me...never home...lol

Techie

10:44 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Grandpa Buzzell called you "Little Howcome". You were very curious. You were an awful good kid, though.
Sounds like "A" was born a teenager.

2:31 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

it's called 200 mg of Zoloft a day, sweetheart. Get thee to a shrink and get some. I'd have killed myself by now without it. and i do not assert that lightly.

if you want to, you can send A. here and I'll lock her in Si's cage with him. Sounds like they are two pea in a pod.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I bet if A and Si were in a cage, they would probably both try to be in charge. It would be like WWF. LOL

11:06 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

and wouldn't that be entertaining? : )

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home