Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I've Been Deleted!

So I found this blog called "Boobs, Injuries, and Dr. Pepper."

It has LOTS of cussing, but it still makes me laugh out loud. It's fun to read stuff by angry people. As long as they're not ranting at me, it's pretty funny.

She's also obsessed with her boobs, because they are ginormous. ( I'm also obsessed with my boobs, as in "gee a couple more years and I can tuck 'em in my belt.")

Anyway, I posted one of those "enjoy your blog" comments.

And...she deleted me. I feel so rejected. I was not worthy of posting, I guess.

Speaking of not worthy, have any of you hit that age where you are "invisible?"

Store clerks don't see you. You are too "old" to count.

One time in cycling class, an instructor in training asked me if I was new. I'd only been sitting on the bike behind him for a month or two.

Since I am now invisible, I am going to go rob a bank. Nobody will ever catch me, you'll see.

Aah, the joys of aging.

7 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

When you shop, act important and hoity-toity. Makes no difference if you have money. They will think you do. I know what you mean, though. Had a clerk in Mervyn's in Fresno once. I was shopping clearance racks and prices kept coming up wrong and it was taking quite a while. A person of another persuasion walked up and the clerk told me: "I'm just going to take care of that customer on the other register because this is taking so long". I'd waited my turn and had an appointment at the opthamologist in 1/2 hour. That is just what I told her. She pouted and finished me up. If she hadn't I would have become very loud and demanded to see the manager. I hate rudeness. If she'd had one speed other than slow, it wouldn't have taken that long.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

So working girl-
You're telling me that you stand at the register and watch the prices with an eagle eye! Didn't your Dad used to embarrass the crap out of you doing this? And yet we become out parents...

9:59 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Yes, my Dad used to watch prices. Would even return to the store for a dime (spend $1.00 on Gas). It humiliated my Mom. She admires it in me. Go figure!

11:51 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I'm sorry, Carolyn. Did you say something?

Being invisible happens for many reaosns. Right now I am invisible to every male on the planet (with the exception of my sons) because I am pregnant. Not that I want to be picked up or asked out or anything, but it's nice to be *noticed*.

3:18 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

The more I think about this as-ho-- deleting you, the more I want to give her big trouble. She's probably a real loser and was hoping men would hit on her website. Think about some of the grossly unattractive friends we have all had. One in particular-you know who I mean. I can't think of anyh other reason for you to be deleted.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Whoah, whoah, whoah. I can promise you that I'm very, very protective and appreciative of every single person who happens by my blog and takes time out of their day to comment.

Your deletion was probably because I have been having trouble changing my template and have had major issues. Including, but not limited to, people's posts being deleted. I'm incredibly sorry that it happened, but I promise you it was not on purpose.

I came by to check your blog out because I saw that you had been to mine. I do that with every person that visits because you are all important to me and I've made a lot of "friends" that way. I hate that your feelings were hurt over a misunderstanding.

Oh, and workinggirl55? I'm married. Grossly unattractive, but married, nonetheless. :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

P.S. I realize this is months late, but I wanted to let you know.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home