Thursday, August 11, 2005

Land of The Cheap

The household toiletry list has been growing the last few weeks, so I knew it was time to bite the bullet and go to Walmart. Ah, Walmart, land of the overweight, badly dressed and uneducated. I fit right in.

I tried to go yesterday. I packed SJ in the car and grabbed some checks I needed to deposit in the bank on the way.

I got to the bank. (We'll just call it Hell's Cargo.) There is an outside ATM that I like to use. I can park in front of it and not have to unbuckle anybody, a bonus -yes indeed. It was OUT OF SERVICE. The reason it was out of service was because the armored truck personnel were restocking the cash. What brainiacs! Let's go to the ATM RIGHT AROUND LUNCH HOUR, the time when it is most likely that people WILL WANT TO USE IT, and slowly restock the cash. Jerks!

Foiled in my attempts to do some banking, I headed for Walmart. SJ fell asleep. Taking SJ to Walmart when he is well rested is bad enough. Taking SJ to Walmart when he is tired is similar to entering the seventh circle of hell. So I turned around and merged back on the highway headed toward home. It was one of the nice merges, not a short curvy one, a long one where you can get your speed up. Only I was behind GRANDMA. Apparently, she didn't mind merging at 40mph onto a 65mph highway. I, myself, did not wake up Wednesday morning, leap out of bed, and proclaim, "TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!"

Home I drove, with SJ snoozing. This is the same kid that usually won't nap until three, mind you. SJ had a really nice nap, but I never did make it to Walmart on Wednesday.

Today, I finally made it. But that is a different story.

3 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Walmart, My favorite Store (Not). Try Target.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like Wal*mart...but I gotta go with WorkingGirl on this one... I like Target better...it's cleaner... A wee bit more expensive...but worth it.
Yet, I find myself at Wal*mart more as it's right down the block from where I work...
It's convienient... I think I totally butchered that...
Either way, I must go get ready for rehearsal!

TEchIE

5:06 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

were the planets aligned badly yesterday or something?

i took si and jude grocery shopping. Si wanted to go the eagle's nest, that little daycare-y thing in the grocery store. Jude's too young. jude threw such a tantrum that when the daycare paged me half an hourlater because si had to pee, I still had not even STARTED grocery shopping. trip from hell. must be bad planet alignment for the children day.

and i do not do walmart. i always feel like i need to shower after i have been in there.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home