Saturday, August 13, 2005

A New Coffee Pot


My husband and I are trying to stay on a budget and avoid unnecessary purchases. However, after a month of coffee that tasted like burned crap, I had to get a coffee pot.

My old one, which made excellent coffee was called a Black & Decker Smart Brew. I wanted one of those again, but apparently they are no longer being made. Black & Decker now has the no name 12 cup coffemaker. I hope the coffee tastes as good from this one.

I went to Target first to find it and had no luck, so I went to Walmart. (a different Walmart from the one I went to Thursday.) They had a 20.00 Black & Decker Coffee Pot, but that only came in white.

My can opener is black. My utensil holder is black and, darn it, I wanted a black coffee pot. Who will ever notice but me, but sometimes a gal has to get a little crazy, yes?

So I found a 30.00 Black & Decker Coffee Pot. This is one of the ones that you can program the night before to make your coffee in the morning. I will probably never use this feature. I am so not a bells & whistles person.

Take my cell phone for instance. I want my cell phone to make calls - period. I don't need text messaging, internet downloads, games and photo taking abilities.
Okay, the photo taking abilities could be fun, because I see some really funny looking people sometimes and I would love to post them here for other's laughing pleasure. (Someday I'll find my own picture on one of those "laughing at dorky people" blogs.)

Back to the coffee pot. Yes, I paid nine dollars extra because it was black. I am an idiot, but it matches.

I was actually chortling out loud when I found it. A lady walked by and laughed at me. I don't mind being laughed at. I do mind a little when I can tell somebody thinks I'm weird and I can tell they are trying to hurry and get away from me. Weird isn't catching, honest! (It might be hereditary. Sorry kids.)

I'm posting a picture of my pot. The old pot is next to it, looking kind of sad. (It's okay. I promised the old one we'd use it if we went camping.) The coffee grinder stands alertly at attention, waiting to serve me. (If only my children were so obedient.) Isn't the new pot sleek - kind of high tech looking? Does this make me a high-tech redneck?

Oh well, who cares, it's black!

3 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

*I* got pissed because my husband - who never asks for anything like this - wanted some fancy-schmancy coffee pot that only came in stainless steel. everything else in my kitchen is cobalt blue (I admit it's an unhealthy fetish). before my better self took over and acquiesced I did consider throwing a tantrum to make him buy a coablt blue pot rather than the one he really really wanted -- which apparently does everything for you but mop the kitchen floor. and if i could find one that did that, I woulnd't care if it was fuchsia.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Sometimes I wonder what makes the really expensive stuff that much better. There was a crime report in the paper that someone's house was broken into and their EIGHT-THOUSAND DOLLAR watch was broken. I thought "what the heck does it take them time-traveling?"

7:04 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

A good coffee pot is not a luxury! Oh my God! As I'm typing, I just realized nothing in my kitchen matches! We did just have to replace the refrigerator after 23 years-I got exactly the kind I wanted but I just remembered I didn't tell Hubby what color to get. Something is wrong with me! Help!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home