Monday, August 29, 2005

Peaceful Dinner

We had the most amazing family dinner tonight. It was semi-peaceful!

A didn't complain about the food. She ate the whole plate.

SJ ate well also. He didn't dance on the table or pour his water into his food. He stole a few bites of my Weight Watchers and quickly realized that his chock full o'fat meal tasted much better.

J was pretty much pleasant.

Dinner was easy to make. We had pasta with a white sauce and canned corn. It's funny how the kids prefer the "need to get my butt to the grocery store" dinner to the ones that take planning. If we weren't out of bread, I would wait a few more days to go to the store.

J told me not to bother with trying to stay on my points and A said, "She has to, because she's fat!"

Ah, from the mouths of babes. I should be setting a good example and telling the girls that I am delightfully Rubenesque. Unfortunately, it is too late for that now.
********************
Today I cut SJ's hair. It is so messed up. It's bald above and behind the ears a little bit. It's long and crooked in the back. The top in the middle is shorter than the rest. It looks like we're working towards a mullet. Thank goodness for curly hair. This child needs a barber 911 intervention.
********************
I was going to take the kids somewhere today. I really was. But we stayed home. I was feeling a bit blue and something is blooming and stuffing up my nose. AAACHOO!
********************
It is time to rescue my kitchen from SJ's TLC!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I know what you mean. My husband is happiest with the simple meals too...like lazy lasagna. 8 ounces egg noodles, 1 1/2 cups of marinara, 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese, 1/3 cup of shredded mozzarella, and boom.

6:33 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I always like to comment right after a reinstall because then my comment gets saved for a long, long time. Makes me feel immortal.

(So I sure hope it worked.)

8:07 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Bev Prouty used to give her kids corn soup. Canned corn with milk and they loved it. It sounds like J was trying to be kind. A hasn't reached to kind stage yet. Don't worry about the pounds. Worry about being fit and healthy so you live long. I can't imagine little S sitting still in the barber's chair long enough to get a haircut.
Post a picture if you can.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not overweight, just undertall...

Not fat...FLUFFY...

hehehe.....

I need to loose lbs too...I am gaining weight again...during Laghing Wild I lost some...no wI come home and eat late..and I can see the weight coming back into my face...but I hate weight watchers... and I LOVE pizza...hehehe...

Techie

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home