Thursday, August 18, 2005

Took A Walk

It was cool this morning so I took a walk around the block with SJ, something we haven't done in ages. He didn't try to escape his stroller, a first for him.

Fall weather will probably be here in a few months. The cool air made me start thinking about the fall weather in Maine. Fall is one of the times of year that makes me miss Maine. The leaves on the trees turn such pretty colors. The pumpkins are ripe out in the field. It's beautiful.

There aren't really seasons out here. It's either too hot or too wet. There are maybe two months of weather that are enjoyable, if we get lucky.

When we first moved out here, it took forever to get used to not having a white Christmas. When we looked outside, it seemed like just any other day.

Of course, I have been a California resident for a long time. My husband was born and raised here, and all three kids have lived here their whole lives. My husband finds California incredibly beautiful - even the desert parts.

I think that most people believe that where they grew up is the prettiest place in the world. I'm sure people that relocate from different countries may have a better quality of life here, but in their hearts they long for the familiar sights of home.

J loves Maine and I wouldn't be surprised if she moved back there some day. Her favorite cousin lives back there, and they are thick as thieves.

I would miss her if she moved, but it is my job to raise her and then let her go. Fortunately, I have a few years left before my oldest leaves the nest. They are flying by though.

For those of you reading this who live back East, enjoy the sights for me, would you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I always thought Canada would be nice...Ontario maybe...

Hmm...

10:55 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Maine is beautiful. It is also a hard place to live. Winter weather is daunting. Jobs are scarce and pay at the poverty level. It's a great place to have a summer home and to spend Christmas.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I was just saying it was pretty - not saying that it had a sizzling job market. LOL

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home