Friday, August 19, 2005

Uneventful Happenings

This week has been very uneventful. When you live with A, uneventful is a good thing.
Today our neighbors had some huge storage containers delivered. Hubby says they're the kind that you fill up and then they get picked up and stored for you. That cost some $$$ I'm sure. But considering what they paid for their house...(Lord, I'm nosy.)
The all-knowing E heard the truck show up. It was making the beep beep beep noise that big trucks make when they back up. Down his driveway he hobbled, salivating like Pavlov's dog.
There are at least three sounds E likes to hear. They are:
1.sirens
2.construction noises
3.leafblowers
I wish I had a large tape recorder and a big amplifier. I could put it on my porch, play the sound of sirens, and wait for him to come out of his house. Then I could turn it off. Heh heh heh
He must have a pretty dull life. Mine seems wild in comparision.
The new neighbors, I found out this week, are very very Christian. They also home school. They are very calm with their kids. I sound like an exploding scream machine. I don't think we will become bosom buddies. Oh well.
______________________________
A and I went to the grocery store Wednesday after tae kwon do. She only told me that she didn't like me once - not too shabby. This was, of course, because I wouldn't buy her a toy. Never mind that she had already boosted the grocery bill by at least ten bucks with all the kid food she put in the cart.
We came around the corner and a lady was standing there with her little boy. She was on one side of the aisle - he was on the other. They were blocking the way. She saw me there, but didn't move or have him move either. We stood there for what felt like an eternity. He moved for a second, accidentally getting out from in front of me. I knew time was of the essence before he blocked my way again. Only A was in my way. I grabbed the handle of my cart and twisted it making a "vroom vroom vroom" noise. Then I made a sound like I was peeling out and started after A. She laughed and ran away. I chased her. The lady gave me a look like she thought I was insane - like her opinion mattered. I gave my loudest and most maniacal laugh as I sped away.
______________________________
A and SJ got fruit yogurt parfaits today. They both dislike the granola and a little bit fell in his yogurt. I fished it out and ate it. He smacked me gently on the face to let me know that I'd better QUIT eating HIS yogurt.
______________________________
There are several pregnant women that I see when I pick A up from school. Due to financial matters and our sanity, we are finished. It doesn't stop me from having a little sentimental pang though. Is there anything more beautiful than a pregnant woman? The ability to grow life is truly a miracle. I'd rather see a pregnant woman than a boring supermodel any day.
______________________________
Have a great weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I remember a little one who would try to pick out Booberry and Count Chocula.

10:49 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

as an enormous pregnant woman, i LOVE you now, Carolyn!

my kids always beg for danimals yogurt, mangoes and watermelon, honey nut cheerios, chocolate milk, and a donut a piece. since it could be much worse, i always give in.

how DO people homeschool? I'd slit my wrists. I am counting the days till Si starts kindergarten and it's not for another year and change! fortunately *my* next door neighbors have five kids and are not too much quieter than I am. (I think they drink more, since neither of them are pregnant at the moment : ))

6:54 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Sometimes I think about drinking.

7:15 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you and me both, dear. once this baby is out, watch out, rum bottle! (OK, i am *sort of* kidding since i will be breastfeeding.)

but man, sometimes i know that a nice hefty rum-and-coke round about three pm (just before the witching hour) would really take the edge off.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home