Thursday, September 01, 2005

Exercise and Ice Cream

I want to mention Hurricane Katrina before I start my post. If you go to www.comcast.net, you can contribute to the Red Cross. I'm sure there are many other web sites that offer this option also. Probably all of you are way ahead of me on this one anyway.
*********************
Yesterday I made it to the gym for the first time in forever. Hurray!

On the way to the gym, I passed a semi that was carrying Thrifty's brand ice cream. Thrifty's ice cream is pretty hard to find. It tastes really good too, especially the double chocolate malted crunch. Yummy

I think everybody has seen "The Fast and the Furious" where the "bad guys" in the race cars surround the semi, jump out of their car onto the semi and rob it.

I wanted to do this type of robbery using fellow mothers with mini vans. Do you really need a high-powered sports car to overtake a semi? Wouldn't a semi driver be less likely to run a vehicle off the road with a "baby on board" sign in the back?

My lady friends and I could split the ice cream among ourselves in our deep freezers. Perhaps some rock, paper, scissors would be in order for the popular flavors.

I told my husband about my semi-robbing scenario and he called it "The Fat and the Flabbiest." We could also call it "The Fat and the Furriest." I would only have to quit shaving my legs for about a week for that title. Someone in my family tree was literally swinging from the tree, I swear it.

Back to the gym. There is a ten o'clock class on Wednesdays called "Silver Cycle." It is a cycle class for seniors. I thought I would try it and just turn my tension high on the cycle. Plus I enjoy the company of seniors. They are full of some pretty good stories and wisdom if you only listen.

Unfortunately the instructor didn't show up. Neither did any seniors. Maybe seniors don't like cycle class, who knows?

My husband and I went to lunch after my work out. I should have worked out for three hours to earn that lunch! We had dim sum.

Dim Sum are Chinese appetizer style foods. I think the word dim sum literally translates to "heart's delight."

The dim sum restaurants serve pork buns which are bread buns with BBQ pork in the middle. There are big balls of shrimp meat deep fried. There's a whole array of different offeringgs. Siu Mai is my favorite. It is Chinese style dumplings packed with fish cake, shrimp, ground pork and chicken. Yummy.

SJ fell asleep in his car seat on the way to lunch. We took him inside, car seat and all, and let him sleep. It was a genuine adult lunch. We got to sit and eat and we didn't have to chase anybody around the restaurant.

My husband gets these frequently with his co-workers. I get an adults only lunch maybe once or twice a year, if that. Heaven.

SJ woke up after lunch and was grouchy. He was tired of being in his car seat. I purchased him a McDonald's ice cream cone for the ride home. It's much easier to clean a car seat than to hear a screaming toddler for twenty-five minutes.

That evening, I decided to mop the kitchen floor. This is J's job, supposedly. She is supposed to clean the kitchen, but the floors don't count in her world. So what if it's like walking across flypaper and your feet get black!

I couldn't find the dustpan. This is one of my pet peeves! Why can't anybody around here put the dustpan back with the broom when they are done with it? How much extra work is that? The brooms sit near the trash can. The dustpan has to be emptied into the trash can, right? Can't anybody sit it with the brooms when they are done? How hard is it?

I'm going to buy my own dust pan and hide it. When anybody asks for a dustpan, I'm telling them to use their damn tongue, because I'm not sharing!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, gee, if anyone would ever come down and visit they might know that I know where to GET chocolate malted crunch and that it happens to be one of my favorites...

TechieWithIceCream

4:29 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

The road goes two ways.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tru That....

9:18 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn - Were we related in a former life? I just had a freakout about my kitchen dustpan this past weekend. turnout the electrician had used it to clean up all his plaster dust. grrrr. and don't even get me started on ice cream insanity. and chocolate malted crunch sounds wonderful.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Too bad about the seniors!

I don't think we have a dustpan either. Or if we do, I don't know where it is :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I know this problem. Everybody has a pet place for the dustpan "so I'll know how to find it next time." (And so nobody else can.)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

We did get a doggy bag, but he didn't much care for any of it except the fried rice.

9:21 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Put me in for the robbery. Just give me time enough so I won't be gimpy. I'll take all the butter pecan!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home