Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Home Improvement Hell

I am blogging very briefly from my husband's laptop. I miss reading everyone else's logs and feel like I am missing out on so much. When this is done, I'm taking a week just to read what everyone has written.

Putting down new flooring was the understatement of the century. Here is what we are doing. (and I'm sure I've left some stuff out)

Scraping the cottage cheese ceilings in the hallway and family room.
Chasing SJ
Sanding and repainting all the kitchen cabinets plus painting the kitchen.
Chasing SJ
Pulling up old flooring in kitchen, living room, family room and hallway and replacing with Pergo.
Chasing SJ
Retexturing walls and ceiling in family room. Painting family room.
Chasing SJ
Installing new storm windows and replacing slider door with French door.
Chasing SJ

That sound you hear is me screaming in frustration. I can only paint when he naps. Anything I do when he is awake he has to be involved in. I am also trying to keep up with my regular stuff.

What in hell were we thinking?

Did I say three days? Mwahahahaha. I am an idiot.

I hit the floor running at 6:30 and collapse around 9:00.

We hit so many snags and obstacles in the family room it's not even funny.

Do you know how hard home improvement is on a marriage? Mama never warned me there'd be days like this, at least not weeks like this!
***************
Totally off the home improvement topic, I have to tell you about this Mom at A's school. I saw her waiting a few times to pick up her child. She looked kind of unisex. She had on a t-shirt and shorts, no make-up, and long unstyled hair. But I knew she was a Mom, because she had boobs.

The other day she said something to someone and I realized she was in fact, a Dad. Thank goodness I never walked up to her and said, "So whose Mom are you?"

Those are the kind of things I tend to do.

Remember Pat from Saturday Night Live?
***************
Yesterday I took Boots to the vet. While we were waiting in the exam room, Boots farted. When the vet came in, he left the door open to air the room out. I didn't say anything. What do you say? Yah, the dog did it. Sure. Glad to know the dog is doing his part along with the children to embarrass me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Hehe...so why did the dad have breasts? Was he a drag queen?

Dog farts can be really virulent.

8:13 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

ah thank god you're back even briefly. i missed you.

next time, just pack up and move - it's simpler, and easier on the marriage : )

6:39 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Gee, this is like moving into a brand new house. You people are gluttons for work. But you should have waited and laid it all on SJ to do. I mean, the kid seems to want to help....

7:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You can send him to me... if he has/wants to do what I am doing I could SURE use help with my work, hahaha. He could go to school for me, do my homework, then go to work for me, then head down to the theatre and assist Elicia in SM'ing, and during all of this find time to eat, sleep and feed the kittens that I took on. Oh, and did I mention breathe?

Good to see you back...I was getting tired of checking and getting no updates. :-p

a-dannelleTECHIE

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home