Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Lovely Fall Weather


Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining. There is a light breeze. It's heavenly outside. So here I sit wasting it as usual, what's wrong with me?

It was hard to get out of bed this morning. The window was open and the cool breeze was coming in. It was still dark outside. The irresponsible part of me wanted to stay cuddled under those warm covers.

The responsible part of me shuffled down the hallway, packed lunches and herded children off to school. I hate the responsible part of my personality. She never lets me have any fun. I've definitely lost my mojo.
***************
SJ and I went to the consigment store today to drop off some fall kid's clothes. We also looked for size 7 pants for A. There were no size 7 pants to be found. I thought to myself, also, that some of the prices were kind of high for used clothing. Mervyn's sells new clothing for 50% off almost every Wednesday.

Sure enough, I got home and found a sales flyer. Mervyn's is indeed having their 50% off sale tomorrow. We will have to squeeze a shopping trip into our schedule somehow.
***************
SJ was formally assessed yesterday on his speech. He is 15 months and 16 months behind in two different areas. Now we will be working with speech therapists.

I had to answer a lot of questions about the things he was capable of doing. At one point, I was asked if he could scribble. All I had to do was point at the wall that was about five feet away from us.

All of these services are free, because they are through the county. It is nice to benefit from our taxes sometimes, because we certainly pay plenty of them.

If he is still speech delayed when he is three, he might get free pre-school. I will be working with him now though, to help with his speech. Preschool would be nice but I can't, in good conscience, slack on helping him just so I could have some lovely, lovely alone time.
****************
I am an evil mother. A was coughing last night so I put her on the couch to sleep. She insisted that her brother's toy Boohbah not be in the room as it scares her. For anybody who doesn't know what Boohbahs are, they are characters from a PBS show. They dance and make farting noises. They look a little like giant penises with eyeballs and intact fuzzy foreskins. Nothing to be afraid of there.

There are two doors into our family room. I went to the one leading from the kitchen, pushed Boohbah's button and made him dance.

Her skinny little ass flew across the room. She was PISSED OFF and she was crying. I felt bad, but not really, because it was so funny.

I also pull the legs off spiders in my spare time.

I will post a picture of the evil Boohbah at the beginning of this post.

Have a great Tuesday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*Shudder*

I'm with A, that thing FREAKS me out and I am just looking at a picture of it....

2:00 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

This is a riot, kid. The Grand Boobah doesn't look all the scary. Tell your little one she can bite it any time she wants. And it won't bite back.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

My nephew started speech therapy when he was about three, because he wasn't talking at all, and he never shuts up now (he's four). Sometimes he's still difficult to understand, but the therapy really helped. Good luck!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thank you for the good luck wishes, Gina. I bet eventually we will have another that never shuts up also.

11:51 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I'm please SJ is getting help but I really think he's going to surprise you one of these days.

7:51 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn, you are a riot.

I hate Boobahs.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home