Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pooberries

This morning SJ enjoyed a breakfast of blueberries, bowl after bowl after bowl. He ate the good part of a pound of blueberries.

I knew that there would be a large diaper the next morning, but I discovered something about my child. When it comes to blueberries, he seems to have a four hour turn-around.

I was obliviously sorting papers while he pooped in the corner. He then brought over a blueberry to me. It looked something like a blueberry, but it was definitely a "pooberry." He had it all over his hands and some on his forehead. This kid is so gross that I can only think he is preparing me for something far more disgusting to come in my life.
********************
A's Halloween costume arrived today. We "won" a dragon costume on ebay. Usually, I attempt to handmake their costumes. The hot glue gun is a favorite October tool of mine.

This year she said, "I want to be a dragon."

I didn't feel like making wings, and scales, and a tail and whatever else. So I cheated. I purchased a ready made costume. Just shoot me.

She is thrilled with it so I guess it's okay not to be Suzy Homemaker this year.
********************
My husband told me a little over two weeks ago that his toothbrush needed a head. I pulled the head out of the drawer, showed it to him, and set the package near his toothbrush. Normally I would put it on the brush for him, but I was on the way out the door. I watched as the package with the toothbrush head sat there on the bathroom counter for about five days.

When I went in and cleaned the bathroom that week, I set it right next to his toothbrush. I didn't mind putting it on, but I wanted to see how long it would take him. I felt like a scientist studying a subject. Another week or so went past. Just as I had decided to do it, he put the head on. It took at least a week and a half. Too bad I hadn't thought to start a betting pool going.

Of course, I only feel fair adding that he probably waits longer for me to pick up the long trail of bras and socks I sling over our bedroom.
********************
For dinner tonight we had pizza and spaghetti. My friend ,Sarah, turned me on to the loaves of frozen dough in the grocery store. That's what I use for pizza crust. Let it rise all day then pat it out over the pizza pan. At a cost of a dollar a loaf, it is substantially cheaper than buying pizza. We used the same sauce on the spaghetti and the pizza. It was Ragu - Sundried Tomato and Sweet Basil. This sauce is so foodgasmic. It has big chunks of tomato in. Just put it on your noodles and you have a meal. Nothing else is necessary.
********************
My van is in the garage again and our spare car overheated today. I can probably find J a ride tomorrow, but I will have to pick up A. Perhaps we'll walk. I sure hope we don't have too, though.

There's nothing like a chorus of SJ's shrieks when he is trying to escape the stroller intermingled with A whining, "my legs are tired."
********************
A didn't like the bedtime story I picked last night. Don't you love it? It's the end of the day. You're exhausted. You just want the kids to GET THE HELL TO BED, and they complain about the story.

The bedtime story was actually a story from a children's bible. I had the urge to beat her about the head WITH A CHILDREN'S BIBLE! Surely this will earn me a special place somewhere, but not at the pearly gates, I'm sure.

Have a great weekend everybody.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I think I'm over blueberries now ;)

Seriously, you should try Lazy Lasagna...you mix 1 c cottage cheese with 1 1/2 c marinara sauce (you could use the foodgasmic sauce if you wanted), heat it gently, then mix it with 1/2 lb boiled egg noodles and put 1/3 c mozzarella cheese on top.

I can't believe I have that recipe memorized. I guess that's what happens when it's a) easy and b) you make it a lot.

6:46 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Oh Carolyn, you make me laugh out loud. Those children's bibles could seriously hurt someone : )

I always feel compelled to make costumes too - my boys were dalmatians last year. This year costumes will be purchased. I will blame it on the new baby.

We too have discovered bread dough pizza crust. We use pizza sauce, and whatever fresh veggies we have around. We had a killer Mozzarella and basil pizza last weekend. Yum. And waaaay cheaper, you're right.

I once did not clean the upstairs bathroom, just to see how filthy it would have to get before Dan even attempted it. He doesn't believe me when I say I clean the bathroom once a week. It took close to two months before he finally scrubbed the toilet and scraped the toothpaste off the sink. No scrubbing the tub, or washing the floor or mirror. TWO MONTHS. Men might just have a higher threshold for certain things than we do.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

The lasagna sounds like a good one to cook this weekend, Bearette. I'm nothing if not lazy!

Babelbabe, is your husband still waiting for those oompah loompahs to come clean his bathroom? I think men get the bathroom much dirtier than we do by ourselves. You won't see me dribbling all over the floor.

8:13 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Allie looks great in her costume. You have to cut yourself some slack sometimes. I worry about eating after Buddy-guess I should add SJ to the list.

Sorry about the van again.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home