Sunday, September 25, 2005

So Very Tired

We are in the hotel again. The laying of the floor has run into more snags. There was a huge hump going down the middle of our hallway. Jousts had to be adjusted and it had to be sanded. I'm not certain of all the technical details, but right now, to get down our hallway you have to walk down a board in the middle. This is not so very kid-friendly, obviously.

Oddly enough, the motel doesn't have cable TV. A is going a little batty. I took her to the park today for about half an hour. She and SJ weren't ready to leave, but I was. J has a cold and she very kindly shared it with me. I am quite exhausted.

It would be nice to go to bed for a week, but the little ankle biters refuse to nap. Do you know why rich people look so much better than us common folk? It's not the expensive lotions. If they need to sleep, they just give their kids to the nanny.

We have some childless (by choice) friends and they look twenty years younger than us. They're about ten years older. Perhaps not having to yell, "because I said so," every ten minutes is great for your complexion.

Of course, if I didn't have my children, I would have no lovely stories to share about cleaning poopies off the floor. Surely everybody would miss those stories. LOL

J forgot to pack socks so we got some today. The checker looked like, I kid you not, Granny from the Looney Tunes cartoons. She had gray hair in a bun, glasses, the same chin and a monstrous bosom. I looked behind the counter to see if she had a dress on, but she didn't. Her bosoms were shaped EXACTLY the same as they are drawn on the cartoon Granny - like the prow of a ship.

We had an almost home-cooked meal tonight. I went to the store and purchased one of those complete dinners that go in the crockpot. It wasn't too bad. This was my friend Sarah's idea. She suggested it when I was whining about how tired I was of takeout.

Boots is also at the hotel with us. He finished SJ's dinner. It was in a paper bowl, so he ate a little of the bowl also. I'm sure he will be quite aromatic in a few hours.

Another odd thing about this motel is that our room only had two washclothes. Is there a washcloth shortage we should be aware of? Rather than go to the front desk, I grabbed some from home. We're only five minutes from home, thank goodness!

Well, SJ is smelling a little spoiled so I'd better get back to work. It's time to force him into the tub. Good night. Or good morning if you're reading this in the morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Wait a minute. I think the hall was built like that so when the roof leaked the water would run off to the sides, sort of like a football field. No?

6:50 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Oh no. Now we'll have to put pans in the hall to catch the water. Boy are you bringing back some memories of my childhood shack, er house.

8:40 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I just shared a memory of your childhood palace if you want to look.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Nobody,

I can't view your blog. Let me know when it is public access enabled and I'll go see.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home