Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Untitled

Life has been really busy lately. Time just keeps slipping through my fingers and I'm not sure what I'm doing with it. If someone looks around my house, they can see what I'm NOT doing with it. Actually, I am trying like heck, but it is like running in a hamster wheel.
***************
Took SJ for a walk today in his stroller. We strolled by the library and I thought I would give it a try. I walked in. SJ began screaming and trying to escape his stroller. I walked out MUCH faster than I had walked in.
***************
Our weekend was nice. We went to Apple Hill Sunday and purchased some fresh produce. We also purchased four pounds of frozen blueberries for making pancakes, muffins and whatever else I think of during the winter.

I canned Sunday night and Monday afternoon. We barbecued Monday evening. In addition to the obligatory meat, we had mashed potatoes with sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon bits added. We had artichokes and corn on the cob. For dessert, I baked an apple pie (yes, Mom, with macs) and made homemade ice cream. The crust recipe was courtesy of Babelbabe and is the best crust I have managed to make yet. That recipe is definitely a keeper!

Did I mention that I am up two and a half pounds? It's that extra layer of fat to get me through the winter. LOL
***************
My dear hubby watched the kids Friday night so I could visit a friend. When I got home, SJ was already in bed.

On Saturday morning, he came up and slapped me! (SJ, not my husband)

Later Saturday, I went to the grocery store without him.

When I got home, he slapped me again.

Okay, SJ, I get it. You're like American Express. Don't leave home without you!
***************
We have received the money from our house refinancing. We are having a problem spending it the way we want to. We wanted to get a used RV that would sleep six. A person would think that these would be getting a little cheaper in response to gas prices. That is not the case. I would love to take my kids camping before they're in their thirties! Alas, I may not get to unless we purchase one that is twenty years old with faded "grandma's couch" uphostery.
***************
J had a doctor's appointment yesterday. It was for three o'clock. We arrived at 2:50. She was shown to her room at 3:15. We didn't get out of the office until 4:30. SJ was a terror, of course. He charged down the hallway three times. He screeched a lot. He played in the water fountain and I let him because, by that point, I didn't give a crap.

Around four, a lady came in with her three sons. SJ let out one of his signature screeches and the bitch rolled her eyes. I wanted to smack her. She must be one of those parents that has perfect little zombie children. A talked so much that the lady finally left the waiting room and waited outside. Way to go A!
***************

8 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Do not ever cook a dinner like that again unless I am there. My God, it sounds wonderful.

Could you check my blog and see if you can comment now?

10:56 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Yay A! Can i borrow her the next time I have to take my boys out in public?

glad the crust worked out. i am busy demolishing the last bit of coconut custard pie for breakfast today -- so I too will soon be up several pounds : )
but i am nauseated again this morning. what the hell? morning sickness is supposed to be long over!

6:58 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I hit my Mom once when I was a kid. My Dad slapped me silly, so I didn't do that again. Just maybe... Ah, I guess not.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Poor babelbabe. Our bodies make good and sure that we are fed up with being pregnant by the time the baby comes. It seems like our bodies should let us rest instead, so we can stock up on sleep!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Oldhorsetail, he's only two and a half. I don't start beating my kids until they're three and a half. LOL

8:49 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Blueberries...mmm. How old is SJ?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I guess you answered that in an earlier comment...never mind!

11:02 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

The only problem with the third pregnancy is that I am so not terrified of labor this time; so I was ready to give birth about a month ago : )

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home