Friday, October 14, 2005

Not Much To Post

SJ had his second occupatonal therapy session this morning. It went better than the first one. I am taking "A" on a playdate today. We leave the house in a few hours
***************
I never reported on my trip to Costco. I'll just touch on a few things. After all, a trip to a warehouse store is a little less than exciting.

I enjoyed the senior lady with her even more senior mother. Mother was very old and hard of hearing. The senior lady grabbed some almond clusters and yelled to her mother, "Are these the kind you want Mother?"

Only it came out kind of like "muhtha", because she had a strong New York accent. I love New York accents. Can anybody say "up yours" with more panache than somebody with a NY accent? It just sounds right!

There was a lady that was speaking English and then switched to Spanish. Her whole family started laughing at what she said. Was she making fun of all us fat, white people? It kind of felt like it.

When we left, I decided to purchase gas at the Costco pumps before hitting the road. The line was REALLY long. A lady in a Mercedes cut in front of me. I let her, because if you drive a Mercedes it means that you're really, really special. There were two pumps in front of us. The back pump opened up and the lady in the Mercedes got out of her car. Then I saw the front pump was opening up, so I got out and asked her if she could pull forward. She said, "Okay", and did. I said, "Thank you." She said "no problem" in a voice that conveyed the opposite. That's okay. I never would have asked if she hadn't cut me off, but she owed me dammit.
********************
It's time to attempt to clean this dungeon of a house. It is extremely hopeless and discouraging to boot, but here I go.

1 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

You're nicer than me. I went to Mervny's last week. Another lady and I were waiting patiently in line.

A young man walked by us and jumped line just as one register opened up. It was pretty hard for him to miss my "Excuse Me!" There's a line and this lady is next. The lady gave me a grateful smile and stepped up to take her turn as the guy walked away.

Of course, the fact I'm on crutches and in pain right now makes me super-sensitive to assholes.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home