Sunday, October 30, 2005

Not Much To Say

There's not much to be said about this weekend. It has flown by quite quickly and not much has gotten done.

Husband flew to Utah to get a motorhome we had purchased off Ebay, of all places. It is a 1991 model and we got a great deal, but we already found some things that have to be fixed right now.

We ate our way through our third bag of Halloween candy so I purchased more again. We are lucky to have one trick or treater but I always stock up JUST IN CASE. I am not fooling anybody.

SJ missed his occupational and one speech therapy last week because I don't have a sitter for A. Most people providing childcare don't want a drop-in. They want a full-timer. I have one number to call this week. If she won't take A, then I am out of luck.

J and I were reminiscing last night about when she was six or seven. She wrote a letter to Santa asking for a "slay" bell. I still get a chuckle out of that one. He did leave her a nice big bell but we traded him some milk and cookies for it. The funny thing about eating those Christmas Eve cookies is that I am so sick of sweets by Christmas Eve that I have to gag them down. But Heaven forbid I waste them. GASP!

Babelbabe recommended a book called "What Do You Do All Day." I read the reviews on Amazon and they were great. Unfortunately, the local library doesn't carry this book. Drat!

J had to pick the dog poopie out of the yard today. A went out and helped her nicely without being asked. They were talking to each other sweetly and I had to make sure I wasn't on an episode of the "Twilight Zone."

S.J. is throwing things lately, all sorts of things, for fun. He is determined to dent my Pergo. Are all little boys like Dr. Destructo?

Tomorrow night I am making one of SJ's favorite dishes. It is a corn casserole I usually make on Thanksgiving. I thought I would treat him to it early also. The recipe is below.

Ooh, also, I forgot I purchased some of those new ginormous Ziploc bags. I will be putting the extra sheets in them and putting them in the RV. Thanks for the idea, Mad Rabbit!

Have a less heinous than usual Monday, everybody.

Canned Corn Casserole

1 15 oz. can drained corn
1 15 oz. can creamed corn
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 stick margarine or butter, melted (I use butter)
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a well-greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes our until center is firm.

It's not low calorie, but it is scrumptious.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Oh my goodness! That is a dessert
:)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I made mac and cheese today that had 2 1/2 c milk, 2 T butter, 2 8-oz packages of cheese, 2 T cornstarch, macaroni elbows and a 4-oz can of jalapeno peppers.

Which is richer????

7:57 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I think we're tied although you seem to exercise yours off. (<:

8:07 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

yes. little boys are hard-wired for destruction. jude does the throwing-for-the-joy-of-throwing thing too, with all sorts of things.

i finished reading what do you do all day, and will post sometime today in depth but overall, i liked it, it was a fun read. can you do an interlibrary loan?

5:43 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I think that we can only borrow books between libraries in our county and none of the county libraries has it. 8^{

6:50 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

What kind of dumb reciipe is that? You forgot:

"1 lb. bag corn candy."

8:26 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I think I will try that for Thanksgiving. I think not just boys but all the kids went through a throwing stage.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home