Monday, October 10, 2005

Random Ramblings

The stress level here has gone way down. This is a good thing. Everybody is getting along much better.

"A" and "SJ" went to a birthday party Sunday night for one of her classmates. It was a place called Pump It Up with indoor inflatables for the kids to jump on. There was also a big slide.

For the first part of the party, "SJ" played velcro butt. That is, his butt was velcroed to my lap. After he loosened up, I took him down the slide. It scraped the skin off my elbow. It hurts. If I put a band-aid on it and people ask what happened, I get to say I hurt my elbow going down a slide. I bet that isn't an excuse you hear from most adults!
***************
"A" is getting really good at taekwando. She has such good form that it is amazing. I had offered her cheerleader lessons but my husband suggested taekwando. He certainly understands her better than I do. She is shining in it. It won't be too long before she can beat me down physically and mentally. LOL
***************
"J" might be starting voice lessons soon. I put a call in to the same teacher her friend has and am waiting on a call back. "J" has a naturally beautiful voice and I think she will bloom when she learns how to use it even better.
***************
"SJ" was funny at his occupational therapy. He was not going to leave my lap, more velcro butt! Most of the time he kept saying, "NUH!" That is how he says, "no." He always says, "nuh" or "nah", never "no."

He wouldn't leave me or participate much. When it was snack time, he screamed, "NUH," and slapped his Cheerios. When the Cheerios were put up by the teacher, he began crying. He does this a lot. He doesn't want something, yet he wants it.

I know he was hungry, but he refused to break bread with the "enemy." You've got to admire his principles.
***************
I purchased a new rug for my husband to put his computer desk and filing cabinets on. It measures 7 feet by 10 feet, so it is good-sized. It's pretty, matches the wall color and I got a good price on it.

Boots already puked on it yesterday and "SJ" had a poopy diaper overflow on it today. It has officially been christened. It probably seems as if I talk about bodily fluids a lot. That is because I clean them up a lot.
***************
"A" and I went to the grocery store today after her taekwando lesson. She received many admiring glances from other kids. What is it about that uniform?

Yogurt was on sale and I wanted some. Unfortunately, two women shopping together stood there and stood there and stood there.

I wanted to get out a bull horn and shout, "Please step away from the yogurt."

Alas, I had no bull horn, thus I have no yogurt.
***************
Boots and I were playing with one of his toys tonight. I pulled it out of his mouth. "A" and I were sitting together on the couch. Spittle flew off the toy and bathed both of our faces. Yum. The spittle of my dog, who eats his own poop, showered my face. I'll try not to think about it too much.
***************
Poor Boots. While I was blogging, the puppy bit him in a most sensitive area. He shrieked quite loudly. I know how he feels. Last night she bit my booby. Of course, I think balls are probably more sensitive than boobies.

Speaking of boobies, did anyone see Dr. Phil Friday? There was a woman on who was extremely offended when she saw other women breastfeeding in public.

I can understand this coming from a man. Men don't mind beer commercial boobies or strip club boobies, but boobies feeding a child! Unnatural, that's what it is.

I know that the talk shows always get the most extreme characters in order to get ratings. She was definitely extreme. I don't know if she had children or not. I missed the first ten minutes, because my mother called.

There are three occasions when my mother calls. They are usually:

1. I'm getting ready to leave or am leaving the house.
2. We have just sat down to dinner.
3. I have just started watching or am just finishing a television show

I think she's psychic - or maybe psychotic - something that begins with "psy". LOL
***************
Have a great Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Ah, the yogurt women. I would have said, "EXCUSE ME." That's what living in New York does to you.

Sorry about the injured balls and boobies.

What a nice bodily fluid blog!

8:42 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i would have RUDELY and LOUDLY said excuse me, and thrown in a dirty look to boot. what, they can't koffee-klatsch somewhere else?

and to the BFing-sensitive woman, I want to go nurse James on her front porch. Stupid woman. What a twit.

9:56 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hoo boy, this is some kind of piece. Something for everybody. Velco children, taewando, dog spittle, child poop, dog poop. Yogurt (see child poop). Haphazard Mom. Yep, something for everybody.

Fascinating. Honest.

7:20 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

You never call! You never write! I think I must be physic! You'd rather watch Dr. Phil?

Oh boy, I must really be boring!
SHEESH!

p.s. How does Mr. Man always manager to get his diaper to leak?

12:24 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I meant to say physic: pronounced O(fis ik).

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home