Monday, October 03, 2005

Razors and Other Complaints

Does anybody remember when it was cheaper to buy a razor and replace blades than to buy a disposable razor? Boy are those days long gone.

First the manufacturers came out with two-bladed razors. Then they came out with three-bladed razors. Then the little blades started costing approximately two dollars PER BLADE! Huh?

Why does it cost so much money to shave my damn legs?

Also, all the manufacturers decided to add the "conditioning strip" to the blades. I hate this thing. All it does is put a layer of slime on my skin. Then, instead of shaving, the blade just skates across a layer of slime. Yeesh. I'm paying more and it doesn't work as good as it used to.

Sometimes I wish I'd been born in Europe!

***************

Next complaint regards cereal boxes. Remember when you could open the plastic pouch on the inside evenly down the seam? This enabled you to pour the cereal nicely into the bowl. The cereal didn't fall in the spots between the box and the plastic pouch, thus becoming stale and inedible.

Lately, I have been unable to open any of these pouches down the seam. I think the cereal industry makes more money this way. If a certain amount of the cereal goes stale, you have to buy a new box sooner. Think of all the people that buy cereal and the profits go way up. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

****************

This morning I planned on making pancakes for breakfast. We were out of cereal and heaven forbid that "A" eats oatmeal.

As I stirred the batter, black things began floating to the surface. I realized that little wormies had hatched in my flour. Mmmm, protein.

"A" ended up eating Cheezit crackers for breakfast. We were out of milk, eggs, bread and options.

I am a bad Mom.

I will be glad when I have baseboards, a finished kitchen and some more organization. Soon very soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Scheiss. Sounds like a crappy morning!

I hate those conditioning strips too. They just gunk up the blades.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

At least A ate *something* for breakfast, right? You still qualify as a good mom--don't worry.

6:17 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

When living in Washington State, some of us would use maggots for fish bait. Once one of the maggots stored in cornmeal in my refrigerator turned into a blow fly. It was not an improvement.

7:55 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Why don't you just stop shaving your legs, go on a cruise and enter the hairiest woman contest?

Do any of the disposables work any better than any others?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I find that Rite Aid disposable razors are the very worst. The CVS kind are actually pretty good.

1:51 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i have stopped shaving my legs by default - just have another baby, Carolyn: )

i just fed si french toast for lunch because that's what i wanted to eat. so sue me...you are not a bad mom. cheezits are very nutritious.

12:06 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Thank you Bearette. I will try those.

8:12 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I need you to start blogging again.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home