Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday Blues

The Sunday Blues are beginning to set in. It is six 'o clock and tomorrow is looming closer. Nasty old Monday, you stink.

Today my husband told A to clean her room. I went in to help and she dissapeared after about twenty minutes. That was a bonus of sorts as I could throw stuff away without her screeching. I didn't want her to think it was okay not to clean her room, but punishment doesn't work with Miss Stubborn. A plan needed to be concocted.

SJ came in and helped me vacuum. He is enthusiastic, if not accurate. The plan appeared to me.

I told my husband in a loud voice, when the room was done, that I was going to buy a surprise for SJ, because he helped me clean the room.

A was pissed. Perhaps next time she will help. Whatever toy he ends up with, I will make sure to rub it in as much as possible.
***************
Forgive me, Old Horse, for this next post.

Today a song started running through my mind. It wasn't a song that I liked either. It was "Linda On My Mind" by Conway Twitty. Ugh!

I hate Conway Twitty and most country music. When I was a child my parents played it and played it and played it...Torture, I say!

Nothing can make me crave oblivion quicker than hearing country music assault my ears except maybe a trip to the grocery store with the kids.

County music should come with a warning sticker. WARNING: Exposing your children to this music causes adult onset insanity.

I know that people that listen to country or rap or whatever feel the same way about Green Day, Sublime, Cake and all that other stuff I listen to. Isn't it great that the radio has so many stations?
***************
The family needs dinner so this is just a short blog - a blogette!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just make sure you don't get him one of those nasty-CREEPY Oompah-Loompah penis looking dolls. Jesus, those are creepy!

During the Crucible they chased one of our actors around the greenroom with a picture of one, *shiver* yikes... They knew better than to mess with me though... NEVER mess with your SM...sm's and techs in general can make you look REALLLYYYY stupid on stage... hehehe.... *mischevious laugh*

And I am SOOO happy the weekend is over...! I'd rather go to school than to work any day. I hate working weekends...and I am working 3 in a row! Ugh...

And for tomarrow...Happy Monday!

*smirk*

TechieAsh

6:35 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I hate Linda on My Mind and I never cared for Conway Twitty! I liked Wanda Jackson and some of Kitty Wells. I love the Statler Brothers. Surely, you must like some of it.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I hate country too.

I didn't even know they had penis looking dolls...I guess I am behind on the trends?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, it was that one creepy looking toy Carolyn posted about that one time, if I remeber correctly she did refer to it as that.

And I like country...damn... Brooks and Dunn are going to be in Fresno... I'd love to go see them.

8:00 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I have only been visiting my pals for 45 minutes, and this is the SECOND screed about Conway Twitty. Conway wasn't rotten, just bad, I agree. But, get this: He invented the Donald Trump hairstyle, so that was good. Wait, maybe that wasn't any good either....

8:04 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Hehe, that is the first time I have seen Donald Trump's hair and good anywhere near each other!

:)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I have from Cream, or Bread, or Korn or 'bowling for' Soup instead...?

Techie

4:59 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Techie, you forgot Meatloaf. Oh yeah, you're not that old!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally knew there was on I was forgetting... I know who Meatloaf is I am not THAT young, good grief.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home