Monday, October 17, 2005

Well I Tried

I finally made it to the gym today. It had been two months! I exercised for 45 minutes and was virtuous with my eating - until dinner. Oh well. I can either diet or exercise but both - sheer torture! Actually I'm not so great at either, but, if I had my druthers, it would be exercise. (Indoor on treadmill while watching TV.)
***************
SJ went in the backyard tonight and filled his hair with huge globs of dirt. This was while I was in the middle of cooking dinner, naturally. I had to use a comb to get the dirt out and the tub was black afterward.

His baby shampoo was in the other bathroom so I used some Suave on him. My sweet little baby smells like a French whore.
***************
Pumpkin pies are emerging in the store. I have purchased two already. It will be like last year. By the time Thanksgiving comes, we will be sick of pumpkin pie.

Fortunately, there's apple and pecan and chocolate cream and...
***************
A and J kept picking at each other this morning. It resulted in groundings for both of them. I get maddest at J, because she's old enough to know better. My husband said instead of grounding her, she needs to ride the bus. This is a fate worse than death in her book.
***************
I hate driving. It's probably no secret to anybody who has read my posts. I prefer being the passenger and watching the scenery. The way people drive nowadays there is no way to watch the scenery. You never know what they will do.

I try to leave a space cushion. Inevitably, somebody will pull into it with no warning. I don't know if that is because there is a cushion or if they would have done it anyway. Best not to find out.

No wonder rich people have somebody drive them around.
***************
Hubby and I painted the kitchen some more this weekend. One of the walls is a deep brick red. It splatted on my hand a bit and it looks like I have measles.

My ex-husband contracted measles while we were married. He was really sick. I had to force him to take a bath because he stunk so bad. There were even measles on his bald spot.

Good thing he never had a job to call in sick to.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

measles on his bald spot...oy!

i hate driving too. i guess that's why i live in nyc. we just walk everywhere till it gets too cold.

i am having oatmeal with raisins...yummy.

5:51 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I leave that cushion thing, too. And cars just pile into it. So many that pretty soon I am back where I started.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I used to love driving, but the older I get the more loathsome it becomes. I love the bus, even if it *does* get too crowded with people who think you want to chat EVEN IF YOU ARE CLEARLY READING.

7:55 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Remember the time I spent the night when you were pregnant? We got laughing about "K" so hard that we kept setting off the neighbor's outside light?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I hear you Gina. Once I was on a plane reading, and the lady next to me would NOT SHUT UP. Maybe people that don't read just don't get it.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home