Friday, November 04, 2005

Can You Tell Me How To Get?

Yesterday's post should have come complete with green fur and a trash can. Just call me Oscar.
***************
Our local paper has a small blurbs column. At times, readers send in old Burma Shave slogans. This one was in yesterday's paper.

Is he lonesome or just blind - this guy who drives too close behind?

I love reading those.
***************
Next Wednesday I am taking a class called "Tasty Tofu Cooking."

My family is underwhelmed at the thought of what I will be making for them. Party poopers.
***************
I recently became a gumshoe and I'm not talking about being a detective. I literally stepped in gum. Now I have to painstakingly extricate it off the bottom of my shoe. People who throw gum on the ground should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Spit out gum should have DNA tests run on it so we could chase down the culprits. At the very least, we should be able to force these jerks, at gunpoint if necessary, to place it back in their mouths.

My other shoes have dog poopie on them. But it's from my own dogs so I can't start ranting about people who don't pick up after their pooches.
***************
We have had the pleasure of Boots' company for almost a year and a half. During this time, he has learned that the toddler is the mecca of table scraps. He hides under the table and SJ hand feeds him anywhere from twenty-five to ninety-nine percent of his food.

One will often find SJ walking around the house holding food in his hands while Boots intently shadows him.

Today Mandy was under the table at breakfast time. SJ introduced her to pancakes with syrup. I give it a month, tops, before SJ has two canine shadows.

Mandy is proving to be a sweetheart. When you pick her up to rub her, she gives little moans of pleasure the whole time. When she sees you in the morning, her little stub tail wags in glee. There's something about being that special to another living creature that melts your heart.

Boots is funny also. Yesterday I started playing with him and he literally smiled. He opened his mouth and the sides of his lips went up. I'm not kidding - he smiled.

Today in the van, J was holding him, and he was giving her a look of total adoration. Could Heaven really be dog-free? Would it even be Heaven without our furry friends?
***************
SJ never says his own name. It is the same as his Daddy's name also, so I don't know if that is causing confusion for him.

When I tell him he's being naughty, he says, "Nonny nonny guy."

Today, I was showing him the mirror and saying, "Who is that boy in the mirror?" He said, "guy."

SJ, I dub thee "Guy."

He is doing pretty well on his speech therapy. He's not really making sentences yet, but he is saying more words.

His hearing test is next week. I think his hearing is fine, but I wouldn't be the first parent that was fooled.

Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Good luck! "Guy" - I love it.

Let me know if you get any yummy tofu recipes :)

4:09 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Will do. I hope I can find many ways to fool my family into eating it.

7:20 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

will you pronounce it "ghee"? : )

5:15 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I know tofu is healthy but I'll be interested to see if the dishes you learn to cook are actually lower calorie. I can just picture Mr. Man doing that to the mirror. He is so beautiful. Call after the hearing test so all the grandparents can stop worrying.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home