Monday, November 28, 2005

The Children Are Nestled

Ahhhhh, the two little ones went to bed early tonight. Only "J" is awake and she is in her room doing homework. She and her sister were both testy tonight, so I am glad to have an end to the whining, at least until tomorrow.
***************
This morning, I woke up queasy, tired and with a headache. Since I'm not pregnant, that must mean I was hungover. See what I get!
***************
"A" started back to school today after a month off. She was glad to go. I was quite happy myself.

I thought "SJ" would be sad that she was gone, but he played happily all morning.
***************
"SJ" also went shopping with me this afternoon. We are trying to get ready for Christmas. It takes more shopping trips than I can count.

Hey, he's a guy. There's no way I can take him on a ten-hour shopathon.

We went to Big Lots, because there were some coloring posters that "A" wanted quite badly. "SJ" saw the baby dolls and kept saying "baby." He wanted to give one a bottle. I have already ordered him a baby for Christmas so I was glad to see he was interested in them.

I found books for one dollar! They were romances, my Grandma's favorite kind, so I grabbed her five. The store had many more good deals than last time I was there.

Next, we had to go buy toiletries. We went to Kmart. I am surprised it is still open. It took a monstrous hit when Walmart opened just down the road. Is Kmart evil like Walmart? I'm unsure. Anyway, they aren't much more expensive than Walmart and they are a LOT less crowded.

Laundry detergent is laundry detergent no matter where I buy it. There is one exception. That is Long's Drug. They add gold dust to their laundry detergent - at least that is the only reason I can think of for their prices to be so high.

"SJ" was excellent. He had one little tantrum, but it was short lived. It was a treat to go shopping with just one munchkin. We stopped and pushed the buttons on all the animated singing things so he could watch. We DID skip the singing deer head today. This was out of pity for the sporting goods employee that hears it twenty times an hour every day.

"SJ" wanted a drink in Kmart so we stopped at the snack bar on the way out. I asked the lady behind the counter if they ever made sub sandwiches anymore. (Call me gross. I really enjoyed those things.) She told me that they didn't make them anymore. She said, very drolly, "We mostly have hotdogs, hotdogs....and more hotdogs."

It's always nice to find a humorous person in customer service.
***************
"J" is trying to get ungrounded. She tried to get me in an argument tonight. I refused to rise to the bait. In fact, I told her that I refused to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Will my Mom of the Year award be coming in the mail soon?

She was unimpressed with my comment, but it had the desired effect...sweet silence.
***************
Today is the biggest cyber-shopping day of the year. Apparently, people go to work and take advantage of the high speed connections to order stuff. Go cyber-shoppers, go! Just leave some good stuff for me. (^8

11 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

A battle of wits with an unarmed person...hehe.

It's interesting that SJ wants a baby!

I think Walmart is a little more evil than Kmart because Walmart sells guns (or at least they used to). Sheryl Crow wrote a song about it - "You can buy a gun at Walmart's discount stores" - and they stopped selling her CD.

My brain is a gold mine of useless information.

I want some doughnuts. Maybe a honey-dipped one with white frosting.

11:03 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Glad J got home safely. It's always easier to enjoy your kids one at a time. When Gin was dying, I stayed home one trip just so she could enjoy being with just her own kids. Sometimes that's really important.

8:15 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I see the date on this post is Nov. 28. There is no more good stuff left. Bah humbug!

8:32 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

I planned to do my online shopping yesterday until I saw that the online shopping was the lead story on CNN. I will wait till 3am some night when I am up with el bambino and do it then. I was feeling so efficent, too.

I am considering getting Segundo baby, too, one that doesn't look like Mimi. My husband is adamantly against it.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Babelbabe, there is a doll on Amazon called "It's Just Baby Fat" doll that is not girly at all. I am getting SJ a doll to teach him about eyes, ears, feet, etc. Maybe if you tell your husband it is educational he will relent.

Bearette, I bet you kick butt in Trivial Pursuit!

9:16 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

ohmigod, it's so cute. and it's not too expensive- i am getting segundo one.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rumor has it your coming down this weekend...

Seems that every weekend you come down you miss my shows by just 2 or 3 weeks... lol

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Hehe, actually my husband always beats me at that game. I don't know any political trivia, maybe that's why. But if there was an '80s pop culture trivial pursuit, no politics involved...here i come.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Techie, I do it on purpose. LOL

Bearette, I know there is a 90's Trivial Pursuit. We have it and it is HARD. There is an 80's - 90's combo, but I just plain suck.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Babelbabe, just tell your hubby that Santa got it. hee hee

5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! Ouch!

That hurt...
<3 <---right there

I have the tape for the show I sm'ed and was in...but the sound sucks.

The next show I will be set, designing and running lights and running sound.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home