Sunday, November 13, 2005

General Idiocy

Twice this week, I had to go to the ATM machine. Once I had to put in a deposit. Once I took out cash. Both times I got lucky and was the first one in line. Generally when I go to the ATM machine, I get stuck behind somebody afflicted with a case of the dumb ass.

We've all seen these people. They fumble for their card. They put it in the slot. They punch numbers than peer at the screen. They punch in more numbers, peer some more and look confused. Meanwhile, the rest of the people in line are gritting their teeth and trying not to moan aloud.

Really, how hard is it to use the ATM? You punch in the numbers. You choose what you want to do from a limited menu. If these people find these few options confusing, I'd hate to see them in the cereal aisle in the grocery store. Yeesh.
***************
The results of this week's election were almost exactly the opposite of everything I voted for.

This means one of three things.

a: I'm smarter than the average bear

b: I'm dumber than the average bear

c: I don't have a clue what the heck I'm doing. Does anyone have a supervisor's position open in their office they would like to hire me for?
***************
Some of the voters in this county had the chance to vote on measure L. Since it affected only two cities in the county, they were the two that got to vote on it.

Measure L would have added approximately twelve dollars a year to property taxes. This money would have funded libraries. It didn't pass. I have to say it again. IT DIDN'T PASS!

Who in heck votes NO on a library tax?

Maybe it's the same idiots that can't use the ATM machine. If not being able to read is good enough for them, then it should be good enough for the rest of us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Who votes against libraries? Awful, stupid, idiotic jerks. JERKS, I say!

8:37 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

HOW ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T START WRITING THEIR CHECK UNTIL THE CASHIER GIVES THEM THEIR TOTAL? HOW ABOUT THE CHECKERS IN A CERTAIN STORE HERE WHO SCAN ONE ITEM AND THEN LOOK AROUND OR CARRY ON A CONVERSATION? SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT IN HURRY MODE. I AM SORRY ABOUT THE LIBRARY TAX. MANY PEOPLE THINK THE COMPUTER TAKES ITS PLACE-SORT OF LIKE LETTING KIDS USE CALCULATORS IN GRAMMAR SCHOOL. AND OUR SCHOOLS ARE BEHIND OTHER COUNTRIES, WHY?

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home