Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday I tried to get my floors all mopped for Thanksgiving. I decided to do it on hands and knees with a rag. I didn't feel like playing tug of war with SJ over the mop. Last time I tried giving him his own mop, but then ended up chasing him cleaning up huge puddles.

So I mopped the floor on hands and knees with bare feet. All I lacked was a belly swollen with child. It looks like I'm swollen with child, so it was close enough, I guess.

Mopping on hands and knees is not as bad as it sounds. It gave me the ability to find and scrape up all the smashed fruit roll ups and play-doh bits, to clean the baseboards thoroughly and to realize how much hair my "non-shedding" dogs leave around.

It's not reccomended to use bleach or ammonia on Pergo, just vinegar and water. It was great, because it didn't burn my lungs. Also, when I was done, my house smelled freshly douched.

I didn't finish the whole house, but it was an improvement.
***************
Today, I did not have one single cooking disaster and everything was done at once. This is truly amazing and I'm not complaining!

This is my first chance to sit down and blog and I wanted to list the many things I am thankful for. There are too many to list, but I wanted to put a few of them here.

1. Friends and family. This includes blogging friends. I enjoy reading your posts and I enjoy reading your comments on my blog. Nothing cheers me up more when I'm down.

2. That all my children are healthy.

3. We have a place to live and plenty to eat. (more than plenty!)

4. Elastic waistbands - need I say more?

5. The dishwasher and washing machine.

6. Dogs.

7. Chocolate.

8. Books and newspapers.

9. Living in a country where I can express my opinion.

10. Living in a country where others can express their opinions, even if they are clearly wrong. LOL

11. The fact that A can go back to school Monday and quit asking me, "Are we going to do something FUN today?"

12. That life, for the most part, has been good to me.
***************
I made a chocolate cream pie, mostly for myself. Do I have to share it?

I made it with two layers. One layer was cream cheese, sour cream, cool whip and powdered sugar mixed together. The next layer was chocolate pudding. Mmm, heavenly.

My husband said he thinks I eat my chocolate pie the same way that the dog eats leftover scraps. I just inhale it before it hits my plate and don't taste it. I beg to differ. I DO taste it.
***************
I tried a new recipe from the Barefoot Contessa. It is for bloody marys. I mixed, in a blender: celery, tomato juice, celery salt, horseradish, worcestershire and probably a few other things I am forgetting. It is in the fridge chilling. When we have some room in our overextended stomachs, we will blend in a cup and a half of vodka and give it a try.
***************
It is time to go clean the mess that was once my kitchen before I get too drunk to care. I think there is a sink under there somewhere.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

6 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

You never fail to make me laugh. I enjoyed your freshly douched floors.

6:25 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

It sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. My thoughts were with you.I can hardly wait until next weekend.

8:02 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You know what makes that Bloody Mary mix special? The celery salt. No s..t. Horseradish doesn't hurt, either. Nice find.

P.S. We wuv you too, Carolyn.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Carolyn, did you have to share the chocolate cream pie? ;) It sounds yummy! You would've loved the cake we had for my niece's birthday. It rocked!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Bearette, what kind of cake was it?

Actually, I didn't have to share much.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

It was chocolate with thick white buttercream frosting. Served up with a mini peanut butter cup on the side.
:)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home