Thursday, November 03, 2005

Liar Liar, Pants On Fire

Someone get the fire extinguisher because I'm burning up. I told a lie. I don't usually lie for two reasons:

1. I feel guilty

2. I am a crappy liar

Maybe the order should be reversed. I'm not sure which one influences me the most.

SJ needs occupational therapy on Friday. A can't go. I called an ad for an at-home childcare. Maybe this is dumb, but I didn't like the lady over the phone. If somebody is watching my kid, I want them to sound like Mary Freaking Poppins. I want enthusiasm, not somebody who says they will check their schedule and call me back. There was no sense of warmth coming over the phone. I want warmth!

SJ's speech therapist, Tish, came to the house Tuesday. I told her he might not show up Friday as I was having sitter issues. She said she knew somebody she could talk to who ran a child care center.

I received a message on the phone machine Wednesday from Tish that the lady she reccomended would watch A. So I called the non-warm childcare lady and told her that A was running a fever. I lied and felt like she didn't believe me. (Maybe because I SUCK at lying.)

Then I tried to call the lady I was told would watch A - twice. One time she wasn't in. One time she was busy so I said I would call Thursday. (today)

I called today and she wasn't in. Okay. Occupational therapy is Friday morning. This leaves me kind of screwed. See what God does to liars!

My husband generously volunteered to work from home tomorrow morning. Phew
***************
This week I have been feeling a bit blue. There is no real reason to feel blue. Everyone is healthy. We have a roof over our heads and enough to eat.

So why am I sad? I hate it. It sucks when my emotions aren't logical.

A pox on the doctor who made me give up my Paxil!

I thought maybe the dirty house was the reason for the blues. For some therapy, I decided to clean my pigsty, er bedroom.

My bedroom is much cleaner, but I am still in a funk.
***************
Taking a chance that the critics were wrong, we rented "Bewitched." Even the critics didn't adequately condemn this piece of crap.

Don't rent it. Save your money!
***************
Another piece of crap is a book I purchased by Elizabeth Lowell. It was called "The Secret Sister." Boring piece of crap book - what a waste of money it was! It is so hard to find a book anymore that grabs me and keeps my attention. Sometimes it grabs me at first and then starts meandering so ridiculously that I skim to the end. Are there no good authors anymore? Or have I just lost my attention span? Life is too short to read crappy books.
***************
Someone has stolen my personal chocolate stash. It was in a white plastic bag and now it is missing. Nobody will claim responsibility. That's because I will kill the culprit if I discover who it is.
***************
Wow, what a cheery post. I am just a ray of sunshine, aren't I?

13 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I was in a bad mood earlier, too. My yoga buddy blames it on hormones. I like that.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I will confess to an extreme piece of irrationality here...sometimes I throw out CDs or put them in the laundry room downstairs when I am in a really bad mood. It makes me feel better.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Totally agree on the crappy books thing. No sense reading all the way to the end.

11:42 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

read Liquor by Poppy Z Brite - fun, fast, catchy - I just finished it. It'll cheer you up. So will The Thing about Jane Spring. none of these are heavy -they're just fun and funny and fast, sounds like what you need right now.
i myself - am reading the thorn birds - i feel soooo junior-high : )

4:34 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

oh and don't stress about lying - she clearly did not care.

leeeettttt gooooo of your guilt, carolyn - and go buy some more chocolate. i recommend the take five bars, dear...

4:36 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I second the recommendations of Liquor and Jane Spring--especially Jane Spring. You'll laugh and just feel a lot better in general.

You know what, though? Sometimes it's *good* to be in a bad mood. Who says we have to feel happy all the time? Embrace the crabbiness. Wallow in it.

And if you have a Whole Foods, go now and buy some Five-Star Peanut bars. You'll never look at Peanut Butter Cups the same way.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Thanks for the suggestions and support. I think I will go shopping for books and candy.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

And maybe I'll throw out my husbands's Frank Zappa CD's. heh heh

6:30 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

People who whine should be required to say that's what it is right up front so I can't get the depressives, too. I'm not talking about you, tho. You never whine.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

The Frank Zappa plan sounds like a solid solution ;)

7:52 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Sounds like you have some good suggestions! It also sounds like neither one of those sitters care a rat's ass about kids. Why would you offer those kinds of services if you don't absolutely love children?

You definitely need some candy! You have to take care of everyone else and you are entitled to some little pleasures.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Old Horse, I detect sarcasm. People are always asking me if I want cheese with my whine!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

I love that saying, but I don't think you're whining. You have a lot to think about. The Whole Foods peanut butter cups sound really good, by the way.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home