Wednesday, November 09, 2005

There's One Born Every Minute

A had photos taken in her taekwondo school in full uniform. I only had the pictures taken so she could be on the wall of the school with the rest of her class. That was it! I was only spending four dollars. Uh huh.

Last night, I went to see the proofs. They were so cute. I just wanted to buy an 8x10, but the minimum price for a package with an 8x10 was seventy dollars. I ended up purchasing the proofs and the negatives instead. It was cheaper than a package, but still more than I wanted to pay. But they were so cute!

She doesn't know I purchased them. For Christmas, I'm getting one made into a big poster for her. Shhhh, it's a surprise.

One time, when SJ was two months old, I got his pics done. The 16x10 was free. The rest cost money. I made my husband go with me so I could stick to my guns. He ended up being a bigger sucker than I am! Nothing in life is really free is it - except bad advice?
***************
My tasty tofu cooking class was tonight. I learned that soy raises your good cholesterol in addition to lowering your bad cholesterol. (I knew it lowered bad but not the other.)

The two recipes I got weren't bad, but for fifteen bucks, I could have purchased a whole cookbook.

The teacher also brought a block of pre-baked sesame flavor tofu. I LOVED that. I went to the store after class to get some, because it was so good. It cost almost five bucks and it wasn't even a full pound. AAGH! I thought my husband would love it, but he turned up his nose. So did A and SJ. I will never get this family to try healthier choices. Just load them up on the lard and starch and they're happy. In fact, A would just like me to put a funnel in her mouth and load sugar in it.

This is my fault. I have been bringing the crap in the house because I like it too. My family needs to find the nearest 12 step program.
***************
Boots snuck off again last night. J was taking out the trash and when she opened the gate, he took off. She called him and he wouldn't come back.

I drove around the block and nothing. I decided to try one more time and got lucky. The next time he does this, maybe I'll take him straight to the vet for a good snippin'.
***************
Well my feet hurt and so do my eyelids. It's time to go to bed. I will post my sweet and sour tofu stir fry recipe later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Teddy got his school pictures back yesterday, and MAN! :-) There's no way people who take pictures of that boy aren't going to make money off me.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Sounds good! Your husband liked the spicy Thai tofu, right? Maybe it's just the sesame flavor he objected to? I like to buy plain tofu...

7:04 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

He's not a huge fan of anything soy unless he is having miso soup, which he loves.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home