Friday, December 23, 2005

The Great Gift Card Ordeal

This year, for Christmas, the banks advertised gift credit cards. I thought it was a great concept. Rather than getting my sister a gift card that she could only use in a particular store, I could get her something she could use anywhere.

I went into Wells Fargo on Monday at ten-fifty. I had to be out of the bank by eleven-fifteen, but twenty-five minutes seemed a reasonable amount of time to get the gift card.

I got to the teller just before eleven. (long line) I told her what I wanted. She went in the vault to get the card. I waited, waited and waited some more. Finally, at thirteen past eleven, I gave up and left.

On Tuesday, I went back. I got to the front of the line. I ordered two cards. The teller had to get a supervisor and go in the vault. I waited and waited some more. Finally, they were out of the vault. Then the teller had to fill out fifty shitloads of paperwork. She had very long nails and she wrote very slowly. Never mind the loooooong line behind me. She finally did the paperwork and gave me the cards.

"Will that be all?" she asked.

"Well, I would like my cash back, " I replied. (She had forgotten to give it to me.)

Then she had to void the WHOLE transaction and destroy the cards and start ALL OVER AGAIN.

She wasn't the brightest bulb. I think it was because God let her pick brains or big tits and she picked the tits. At least I had something to look at while I waited.
********************
"A" went to the doctor today. She has strep. She has started on her antibiotic and is already feeling better. Please, don't let SJ catch it.
********************
SJ and I went to Costco today. I thought if we arrived early, we would beat the crowds. When I saw the parking lot all I could think was "OH MY GOD!" If you've watched Friends and seen Chandler's ex-girlfriend Janice say that phrase, you can imagine it ringing through my head in exactly that tone.

There was no beating the crowds today- no way - no how.

The main reason for the trip to Costco was to get shrimp scampi for Christmas dinner. Guess what they don't carry anymore! I still managed to spend a booty load of money. There is always something to buy at Costco.

One lady got in line, then got out of line to find a better line, then came back. I had already taken her space and three people were piled behind me. I heard her telling somebody that she did have that spot, but she moved.

Hopefully, she wasn't throwing a hint because I ignored it. Normally, I would offer the spot back, but I still had to pick up "A's" antibiotic and I had a restless toddler with me. Sorry lady, you move your feet and lose your seat. Oh, and Merry Christmas.
********************
I am getting excited now that we are closer. There were a few cards I didn't get out. I also didn't bake for the letter and newspaper carriers. I can do that post-Christmas.

We need some groceries, but I might send my hubby tomorrow. He has to go get a haircut anyway. Why not utilize him? I'll ask him really nicely.

I can't wait to see the kids open their presents. "A" is especially excited.

We are leaving town again the day after Christmas. We will be back on the 29th. It is apparent that everyone else is blogging a lot less also this month. We are all as busy as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Woo-hoo, it's almost here. I think I've been more naughty than nice so I'll be extra careful when I put my hand in my stocking on Christmas day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't make Santa's list this year....

But it was SOOO worth it!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Fifty shitloads of paperwork, huh? Is that the same as a ream? ;)

Thank God the one-legged ass-kicking contest is over ;)

Actually got my family to agree to a system where we'll all buy for the kids plus one adult. It may be modified later, but hey!

6:44 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

It took about 1/2 hour at Bank of Sierra to get two of those gift cards. I paid cash and I really worried when she kept looking at my checking account on the screen that the numbskull would charge me twice. When she was done, I had to ask for my receipt. Sheesh!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Yay, Bearette. We got the adults to agree to that one year, but then they just upped the amount you paid on the person you picked and it seemed to work out the same financially. (run-on sentence time!) So we gave up, or I did.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home