Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I Got The Fever

Yuck, I'm sick and whiny. So stand forewarned, I am going to whine. The stereotypical sick man has NOTHING on me, well except for the fact that I need to wait on my own damn self. Nobody else is going to do it. I can't find the thermometer. J was the last one to see it. No telling where it is. So I'm not sure what the temp is.

My hands hurt. My back aches. I am alternately chilled and hot and I am whining about it.

SJ has been great today, not too much trouble at all. But...it would be awfully nice to sit in bed by myself sniveling and moaning, and not doing anything for anybody else.

At least J was in carpool today so I only had to pick up A.

I fantasized that Boots was like the character Carl, the rottweiler in the Alexandra Day books. Carl is a dog that takes care of the baby.

I could say, "Boots, change the baby's diaper. Boots, feed the baby. Boots, pick up Allison from school."

I can picture him driving while Mandy works the pedals. They go to the stop sign. They stall out and everyone is honking.

Boots snarls, "Dammit, I told you to hit the gas NOT sniff my ass! If I get another ticket they're taking my license."

Okay, obviously I have had way too much time on my hands today.

We are leaving town Friday, maybe if the van doesn't break down. Cross your fingers for us. It is a lot of work getting the kids and husband ready. I also have to finish wrapping so blogging will be quite sporadic.

This is probably a good thing, considering my pitiful jokes.

6 Comments:

Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

If you can just get by three more days, I will help you out. I'll keep the kids out of your room and you can recuperate.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Poor thing! Judging from the Carl fantasy, I'm guessing your fever is rather high. :-)

Tylenol and lots of fluids for you, young lady!

9:08 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Carolyn: Take it from Ol' Hoss, best non-doctor ever: Stay warm all the time. When you're chilled, pile on the blankets. When you get hot, PILE ON MORE BLANKETS. Sweat the poison right out of your system, I swan.

9:54 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

have we discussed why no one ever calls Children and Youth Services on Carl's mistress???

feel better, Carolyn - my remedy recc is lots and lots of hot, strong, sweet tea laced with plenty of whiskey or brandy.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor baby, I wish you could be all better. Don't worry about the kids clothes, just pile stuff in the car. I will be happy to pick up the laundry and do it for you.
Anything you need, just holler. Hey this whining stuff is really working. hehehe

5:49 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Feel better! It seems like everyone is sick right now :(

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home