Monday, December 05, 2005

Is It Time To Rest Yet?

The saga of the money van continued today. The garage where we had our van towed was no longer a Dodge garage. So I had to have it towed to a Dodge garage in a different town.

I talked to the manager there. I told him that we had purchased the van less than three years ago and that it broke down approximately every three months. I told him that the radiator had been replaced twice and the transmission once and that my auto mechanic joked that we were paying for his trip to Hawaii. I asked him to PLEASE make my van safe as I had three kids. He couldn't even manage to get the "fuck you very much" look off his face so I am confident we will receive the kind of service we are used to getting.

I will never buy a Dodge/Chrysler vehicle AGAIN. This big fat lemon has probably cost us about eight-thousand dollars in a little less than three years. I think the car lot KNOWINGLY sold us a piece of shit. They must have laughed as we drove off the lot.
***************
I picked the dogs up from the vet. They had been boarded for three days.

The vet's office charges an extra five bucks a day if you want the dogs to go outside and get some play time while they are being boarded. I always say,"no."

There are two reasons. One reason is that it already costs a fortune to have them boarded. The other reason is that I know for a fact that they take my dogs outside to play anyway. In fact, the kennel attendant had them out playing when I got there. I don't know if they feel sorry for all the dogs and do it anyway or if it is because my dogs are so darn fun.

Regardless, it was another huge cha-ching on the credit card.
***************
Today I also rented a car. I wanted a small sedan, a five-seater. That's what I reserved. When I got there, they "upgraded" me to a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Gee, it uses more gas and has less legroom. What an upgrade!

I will give it that it is fun to drive. That was also another "cha ching" on the credit card. Sigh.
***************
Boots was lingering in the kitchen with me while I cooked dinner. I thought it was because he missed me.

I soon realized that the opportunist was waiting for some table scraps. That's what he really missed.
***************
I took "J" to the doctor again. She has a cough that won't go away. The doctor she saw today is named Dr. McGuire. He has a strong Irish accent. He is a tiny, charming man with almost pointed ears and he was wearing green today. I keep telling my husband that he is a leprechaun, but he's not buying it.
***************
This all sounds really whiny doesn't it? I did not intend to sound whiny. Perhaps I just need a foot rub. Yeah, that's the ticket. Somebody buy me one of those massaging foot rub thingies for Christmas. Or maybe I will just buy one myself. After today, I deserve it. Cha-ching!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

Your car reminds me of my camera.

For what it's worth, I have always had good luck with Japanese cars. Although my mother bought a lemon Toyota once. She had to fight to get them to give her a better one. She brought my brother's wife with her to do battle.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I think Toyotas are great cars, but I've heard that their customer service is non-existent. It sounds like your poor Mom had to deal with that.

6:40 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn, I went virtual shopping for my blog buddies yesterday and just want to say that I picked out your present BEFORE I read this post : )I'll post my Christnmas virtual gifts soon.

Chryslers suck bigtime. Always have.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Virtual Christmas shopping. How fun! I've never seen that and am excited to see what I got!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh! here were those tamales when I was there?

What I don't get... is why kennels charge 'extra' to let the dogs out... One kennel in Porterville lets the dogs out once and then charges for every extra time you want them out... What the hell do they pay their attendants to do?

The kennel I work at... letting dogs out is half of what I do. In the morning they are all let out of their runs to do their business, then they are fed, and then I let them all out again and while their out I clean their runs. And when I am done the process repeats itself--let the dogs out. Sure there is a TON of other stuff to do, but I can wash windows and do dishes and scoop poop while there is a dog playing outside. The is very rarely a reason to ever not have a dog out. I am SO multitallented, and a perfect multitakser.

2:14 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

This reminds me of the very annoying commercials for a new show on TBS called "Daisy Does America" where she is asking a very staid old lady, "Who who who, who let the dogs out?" It must be the only funny moment they could come up with because the rest of the previews look so dumb.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home