Saturday, December 03, 2005

No Visiting For Us

I wasn't going to post again until Monday, but here we are at home. We started for my mother's house Friday night. Forty-five minutes into the drive my "money" van broke down. We waited an hour for a tow truck and then all five of us rode home in its cab.

The bright side of the whole thing was the tow truck driver was a pretty funny guy.

Unfortunately, there are a lot more negative things - things like having car repairs and rental costs right around Christmas.

If it is the transmission, which my husband suspects, it should all be covered. We had it completely replaced on June 28th of this year. I'm sure it won't be that easy though. We will hear something along the lines of, "Well the reason the transmission failed is that the doohickey here malfunctioned. The doohickey is NOT covered." We shall see.

We purchased this van "pre-owned" just before SJ was born. We have had the radiator replaced twice, numerous leaks sealed, drum brakes replaced, and the transmission replaced. That's only about half of what has been done. Our car repair receipts look like a hyprochondriac's medical chart.
********************
"A" is going on a field trip to the fish hatchery Monday. She is learning about the life cycle of the salmon. Imagine my surprise when she was playing salmon and I heard her say, "SJ, come fertilize my eggs." This stuff can not be made up.
********************
My husband was flipping through channels a few days ago and I saw a show called, "Too Young To Be A Father."

"Oh," I said. "That must be the lemon channel."

"You do know that LMN stands for Lifetime Movie Network right?"

Well, of course I know, but with titles like, "My Daughter Did The Football Team" and "He Came First And Left Me Hanging" I think "lemon" is more apt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

"Fertilize my eggs" - LOL.

I am guilty of watching the occasional lemon movie.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home