Thursday, December 01, 2005

Off to Mom's House

Tomorrow we are going to my Mom's house. That will be good for all sorts of stories when Monday arrives. Too bad she reads my blog. Hee hee.

Tomorrow I am also taking cookies to A's school for a bake sale. My cookies tend to come out pretty good, but they aren't tonight. Why is it that when it is REALLY important for something to come out good, it doesn't?

They don't taste horrid, but they are not as good as my usual cookies. I taste- tested them several times to make sure.

Tonight, my husband cooked dinner. The only thing sexier would be if he actually did the dishes afterward. Of course, now I'm being greedy, don't you think?

SJ is starting to talk more. His speech therapist is extremely impressed with his progress. He used his first three word sentence last week. (I want drink.) He is also starting to get his pronouns right. Woo hoo!

We finally have real November weather. It is raining and gusting outside. There is snow about half an hour to forty-five minutes up the hill. All the skiers and snowboarders are happy. Just a few weeks ago, it was in the low 70's. I took full advantage.

My children are trying to make me more crazy than I already am lately. Perhaps they had a huddle while I wasn't around.

"A" ripped the knees out of her new corduroy pants. In the last two weeks, she has additionally ripped out a pair of jeans, a pair of sweats and a pair of pajamas - all newly purchased. What is she doing to her pants?

"A" also started crying like Lucy Ricardo when she got in trouble and had to go to bed early. Only imagine the crying a lot more high-pitched. She then proceeded to argue for ten more minutes with me, causing visions of floggings to dance through my head. Damn child abuse laws!

"SJ" opened the door to the dishwasher and proceeded to use it as a trampoline.

I also caught him "weighing" himself on my postal scale. It goes up to three pounds.

"J" went to the drug store to buy a birthday present for her friend. She had twenty dollars. She grabbed a bunch of stuff without checking the prices. The total came to twenty-four something. She is famous for doing this to me. Some day I won't be there to bail her out. Then she can be embarrassed because she is a dork, not because I'm scolding her in front of the cashier.

This has not been a bad week. Usually my children are much more lively. I won't be posting again until Friday. Sorry to leave everyone with such a boring post. Have a great weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

It's very sexy when they load/unload the dishwasher as well ;)

10:39 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Not boring at all. It is interesting to see the steps Rasputin was going through that finally drove him crazy.

11:22 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i liked the dishwasher door trampoline.

have a good week!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home