Thursday, January 19, 2006

Finger Fraud

An article in today's paper leaped out at me. It was titled "Sentences in finger fraud".

Finger fraud, what is finger fraud? Is that when a different body part impersonates a finger? Is it some kind of new Nigerian lottery scam?

To answer these burning questions, I unfolded the paper.

It was an article about the woman who planted the finger in the Wendy's chili. She got nine years. Her husband, who obtained the finger, got twelve.

I guess the jury gave them the finger.

I hate frivolous lawsuits.

It makes me mad that if a burglar breaks into my house, and cuts his foot on one of the million and one toys on the floor, he can sue me.

It makes me mad that if I let my kid climb on a store display, and he falls and breaks his head, I can sue the store. Isn't it my fault for not watching my kid more closely? Or maybe it is my kid's fault for being so damn stupid!
*******************
My husband received a book for Christmas called "The Darwin Awards". The Darwin Awards are given to individuals who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it.

The people who do dumb things and don't get killed are awarded an honorary mention.

I found this one interesting.

"Parents, take note! Catering to a child's tantrum can have serious repercussions, as a Caldelas mother recently discovered. When her four-year-old son refused to eat his soup unless she let him play with a gun, she handed it over - and was promptly shot in the stomach by an accidental discharge. Although she survived, her dangerously questionable parenting practices earn her an Honorable Mention."

Next time my husband says I give in to the kids too much, I'll show him that story.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


I guess the jury gave them the finger.

bwahahahaha

That is too funny. Good laugh. Love it!

5:13 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

jail? for a finger? People have raped, murdered, and pillaged, and gotten less. our justice system is fucked in the head.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Wendy's has bigshot lawyers, I'm sure.

People that rape, murder and pillaged should also get MUCH longer sentences in my opinion.

And pedophiles, even when their sentence is done, should all be put on an island with no chance of escape, where they can all bugger each other.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I remember that story!
Freaks..
How could they even touch it?ewwww

Ha,that parent in your last story sure does make me feel smarter,hee

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the man in Vermont who raped little girl for 4 or 5 years and only got 60 days behind bars. I don't think the chili frauds ought to prosper in any way, and i do feel that jail time is definatley in order. but 60 days for a serial rapist. That little girl has already received a life sentence for what he did to her and he is getting off scot free.
What the hell is wrong with people.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

i agree that wendy's probably had the best lawyers money can buy. maybe they bribed them with cheeseburgers too.

12:37 PM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

too bad the kid didn't shoot his mother in the head. Maybe someone with a little more sense would raise him. Why in hell would you have a loaded gun in the house with kids?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home