Thursday, January 26, 2006

Five Guilty Pleasures

It's the Five Guilty Pleasures Meme.
The rules: Simply list or write an entry about five of your guilty pleasures. Then choose five other bloggers to tag.

1. Blogging - I can do it for hours. I used to laugh at people that spent all day on the computer. I laughed at the online chat "addicts" who couldn't seem to stop themselves. Now I'm addicted to blogging. I'm blogging and I can't shut up.

2. Chocolate Peanut (or almond) Clusters - Costco sells these in a huge jar. If I stupidly buy them, I can go through the whole jar in less than a week. I can't stop.

3. Reading - But only for entertainment. I am bad about skimming the book if it doesn't hold my attention.

4. Television - I don't watch a lot of it, but if there were a CSI marathon or Cold Case marathon or House marathon - well you get the picture.

5. Ebay and Amazon - I do the bulk of my online shopping at these two places.

Five people I tag:

Bearette
Gina
Babelbabe
Nobody
Techie

I would tag Old Hoss but I doubt he would do it. But, Old Hoss, if you would, you're tagged too!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

i think my readers are sick of me meme-ing so i'll do it here. plus, my pleasures aren't too guilty...i should be embarrassed.

1. reading chick lit. i read very little else these days, aside from the occasional paranormal chick lit (hehe).

2. yoga. i know, not really guilty.

3. pilates. ditto.

4. baked ziti!!!!

5. pad thai (because of the peanut butter)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Pad thai sounds so good right now. I wish I had the stuff to make it!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I'm trying to stop feeling guilty about the guilty pleasures . . . but I'll happily list five for you.

1. Comics. (People call them graphic novels, but really? They're comics.)

2. Bread. I can seriously just sit down and eat an entire baguette.

3. Smoking. I don't do it all the time any more, but I love to smoke. Yes, it's bad for you. Yes, it makes you and your clothes smell awful. But I love it.

4. Melodramatic 70s music. Wildfire, Brandy, Seasons in the Sun, The Night Chicago Died. A Horse with No Name.

5. Chick Lit. I love a book I can read in two hours and never think of again.

I could go on and on.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

My sister used to play "Wildfire" over and over.

I thought it was so sad.

Didn't you forget "Billy, Don't Be A Hero" or whatever it was called?

7:04 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

mmm,I've seen those Clusters at Costco,drooooooool!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

They are excellent.

12:38 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Did I already tell you this: I had a wife named Carolyn. Are you it, trying to get even?

I'd be mighty proud to do your "meme", kid. Soon's I think of some things I feel guilty about. Hard to do, since I am all about me. But we'll see.

3:56 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

so many...
1) blogging. i am so with you, carolyn.

2) reading. if i had my way, i would lie on the couch all day and read.

3) chocolate. i hide the wrappers from my husband - does this mean i have an eating disorder?

4)rum-and-coke - i drink far more than can be good for me

5) reruns of Friends - there was a time i would never have admitted this, but i like the show. and i am in love with matthew perry.

6) googling old boyfriends
7)coffee, esp. starbucks
8) cheese. i don't really care that it's fattening - i tell myself the calcium is good for me...

wait, i have to stop.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

You can go on as long as you want, Babelbabe. We don't have to stop at five!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home