Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Get In Line Please

Have you ever wondered why there is always somebody in front of you in traffic, at the restaurant, at the grocery store, etc.?

Here's why. The U.S. Census Bureau expects the country's population to hit the 300 million mark sometime in October. The main reason is that births now outnumber deaths.

There are 84 people per square mile in the U.S. I think most of them are standing in line at Starbucks.

California is the most populous state in the country with 36.1 million people and is growing at a slightly faster rate than the rest of the nation.

Wyoming has 509,000 people. They are the least populous state in the country. I'm moving to Wyoming.
********************
Is anybody watching the State of the Union address tonight? Me neither.
********************
Here is a big shocker in the news. Exxon Mobil Corp. unveiled record earnings for the year 2005. I'm speechless with surprise. (You wish)

However, there is some good news.

Chairman and Chief Executive of Exxon, Rex Tillerson, stated, "Starting Monday, when the consumer fills their tank with Exxon gas, we will supply a free tube of KY Jelly to make the butt screwing a bit less painful."

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

we didn't watch it either. we saw the waterboy instead. it was pretty funny.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I watched George, and I made Teddy watch too--until he passed out on the floor from exhaustion/bordeom, that is.

You guys didn't miss much, although I did have fun wondering about the little girl and the dog in the audience (they weren't together, although that would have made things even more curious).

I think I'd live very happily in Montana, or Alaska, if I could have a broadband connection and reliable postal service for delivering my books. The fewer people I have to deal with on a daily basis, the better.

7:14 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Funny Blog.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched GW and laughed at all the phonies in the audience that applauded when last week they wanted to string him up.
Did you also know that Mobil Oil officials, (when asked if they would explore alternative fuels) said "We are a gas and oil CO. and not interested. Pass the KY Jelly please

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home