Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Poopins

It's been at least a week since I mentioned poop...maybe. So without further ado...

My topic for today is SJ. In the past, when we have caught him in the corner, concentrating, we have asked him, "Are you pooping?"

Only we don't pronounce the "g" on the end of "pooping" so it comes out "poopin."

SJ has turned the word poopin from a verb into a noun that describes all poop and matters referring to poop. If his diaper is dirty, it has "poopins" in it.

SJ is also a typical toddler in that I am not allowed to use the facilities by myself. I can use the bathroom with him inside, staring intently. Or I can use the bathroom with him screaming and kicking the door. Neither choice is appealing, but I tend to go with letting him inside.

Once in, he pays rapt attention so that he can be FIRST to flush the toilet. He loves to yell, "Bye-bye tinkles" or "Bye-bye poopins" as he flushes. I can't wait until he realizes that he will have twice the flushing fun when he starts using the toilet himself.
***************
I went to the video store today and rented "Flight Plan", "Wedding Crashers", and "Must Love Dogs".

My parents are visiting this weekend. I hope they haven't seen at least one of these, not that they will be able to hear it over the kids anyway.
***************
I want to see, at the theater, "Nanny McPhee". "A" has been acting up and I think she needs some quality time with her Mommy. A movie would be fun for both of us.
***************
Bearette (www.potatoesinthemist.blogspot.com) posted a vegetarian pad thai recipe that she has taste tested. I can't wait to try it.
***************
I have a question for anyone who has ever cooked eggplant. Do you take out the seeds? Last time I cooked it, I did. But did I waste eggplant or did I save us all from seed-filled poopins?
***************
Did anybody watch "American Idol" tonight? I love the try-outs. It's the only part I watch. Are there that many people out there who are tone deaf? It's truly scary but deliciously fun to observe.

8 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

i saw wedding crashers and must love dogs. i liked them both. i also want to see nanny mcphee, because i love colin firth and it actually got good reviews ;)

i heard that if you take the seeds out of eggplant, it makes it less bitter. picking small eggplants will do the same thing. i never cook with it, though, since it's not one of my fave veggies.

cooking pumpkin polenta today! woo!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Nope,I never taje out the seeds,if you buy a smallish one the seeds aren't so coarse:)

I watched AI last night,what a hoot!
I generally fizzle out after the tryouts and come back only to watch the last episode.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

That's how I watch it too. I want to watch the comedy part and then who wins.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you know we don't do (at least your FIL) won't do reality TV so I don't usually watch, But I heard there were a couple of really bitchy girls on. One who really went after Paula (who only offered her a glass of water.) and one who ragged on Ryan Seacrest for being short. These two must have known they had NOTHING TO LOSE.
By the way, I love your blogger friends. It's like the gang you always wanted to hang with but never got the chance.
Of course you are so witty (at least half witty) how could they resist. BWAHAHAHAHAH

11:07 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I LOVE AI THIS TIME OF YEAR. I WOULDN'T DARE TO COMMENT ON SOME OF THE WORST BECAUSE THEY ARE SCARY.

WE HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OF THOSE MOVIES.

11:54 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Just wait till you turn the kid on to "Mary Poopins"

12:12 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Old Hoss, is that "Mary" or "Merry"?

7:59 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i never take the seeds out, only peel.

i want to see nanny mcphee too - i adore emma thompson.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home