Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolution Time

It's that time of year again, time to make the New Year's Resolution. I have NEVER kept a New Year's Resolution. Once, in high school, I kept one. It was to lose weight. My "diet" lunch consisted of soda and a candy bar. I lost ten pounds. Isn't it great having the metabolism of a teen? Boy did that go away quick. My body said, "Hey, you're twenty now. Poof!"

It is time to make some resolutions I will keep, so as not to feel like a failure.

1. I will eat replace high fat sweet foods with high fat salty foods.

2. I will scream like a raving maniac every time that somebody cuts me off in traffic.

3. I will teach SJ some new words. Look at the above resolution to see how.

4. I will quit shaving the bottom half of my legs so they will match the top half.

5. I will allow my dirty laundry pile to grow so high that it blocks my bedroom windows. Working on that one too.

6. I will double the amount of time that I visit the gym. Hey, I can go from once a month to twice a month.

Well six resolutions are enough for me. It will be hard work keeping them, but somehow I will manage. What are everybody else's resolutions? Quitting reading my blog is not an acceptable answer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I think all the other bloggers are hibernating.

My resolution is to work on my energy when I'm around difficult people - I know that sounds really New Agey, but it seems to work! Concentrating on not getting tense, etc.

I shave the bottom halves of my legs, myself. The top halves if I'm feeling really ambitious :)

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home