Sunday, January 22, 2006

Trivial Talk

Howard Stern has absconded to satellite radio. Boo hoo. (sarcasm intended)

I don't know who replaced him in other markets, but we got Adam Carolla as a morning replacement. I enjoy Adam Carolla. Sure he's crude, but he isn't mean-spirited about it.

Besides, if you've heard Howard Stern's show once, you've heard it all.

"Mmm, you're so hot. Take off your (item of clothing) so I can see your (body part). You must work out because you have a fine (insert body part). Ooh, you're so hot.

"I can't stand the (insert ethnic group) because they are so (insert stereotype).

"Rosie O' Donnel is such a fat pig." (Okay, I don't like her either, but still...)

Adam Carolla on the other hand talks about interesting things, like toilet seats that wash your tooshie. What's not to like about that?
********************
"A" is "cleaning" her room right now. I told her to do it hours ago and she has been resisting. She said she "forgot" how to clean her room.

I am tired of arguing with her. I am tired of her bullshit.

I set the oven timer for twenty minutes and told her when it goes off, I'm coming in with a trash bag and throwing away everything on the floor. She is shrieking and crying and told me that she hates me.

I'm tired of hearing how much she hates me. It's getting tiresome. Out of my three kids, she is the one who drives me the craziest. She is stubborn. She doesn't care about anyone else besides herself. Hopefully, she outgrows this.

Actually, my fifteen-year old is self-centered too. I'm waiting for her to outgrow it also. But she WAS a more biddable child than "A" is.

So far, I get along best with "SJ", but that will change once he starts talking. LOL
********************
McDonalds - I have a love/hate relationship with McDonalds.

Every now and then, I crave some food from there, especially when I don't feel like cooking.

When I order an egg mcmuffin without cheese, it costs the same as one with. But, if I order something and add cheese, it costs more. So, aren't they charging twice for the same slice of cheese? Now that's profit.

I also laughed when they replaced the cheese shreds in their salad with carrot shreds. They said it was because, "We care about your health." If McDonald's REALLY cared about our health, they would close up shop. Besides, nobody goes to McDonalds to eat healthy food. I don't see a veggie burger on their menu yet.

This is for anyone that used to love the McDonald cookies that came in a box. Last time I went to the evil Walmart, (freaky man Friday) I purchased some Madagascar animal crackers. They were made by Dreamworks. Get us at the box office. Get us with the tie-ins, I know.

They tasted very similar to the old McDonalds cookies. They're worth buying.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

I hate howard stern too. just on general principle. i've never heard his show ;)

they actually have a veggie burger at some mcdonald's in manhattan, but i've never seen it anywhere else. i'm sure it's still not healthy...they probably fry it in animal fat or something.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Didn't they get in trouble for not disclosing that their fries were fried in some animal fat?

I think vegetarians that had been ordering the fries were horrified.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I just had to do that with my daughter.
Her toys now live in the shed!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

You know what? Not only did she clean her room in record time she did a far better job than I knew she was capable of doing. The gig is up.

Word verification is zznaq. That's ZZ Top's unknown cousin band.

9:01 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

I never heard Howard Stern either. I've heard he's a raving maniac. Al is big enough to pitch in. Tell her we want to see how good she cleaned it by herself.

9:03 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Sure. As soon as SJ starts talking, be sure to provide him with the definition of "self-centered" so he doesn't mess up.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Yes...I remember that. I think some people were really ticked!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home