Monday, January 09, 2006

We're Having a Birthday

"A" informed me of some important stuff tonight. She told me from the back of the van about what they learned in school today.

"There was this tan guy and he died and we celebrate his birthday on January 16th. I can't remember his name."

I said, "Are you talking about Martin Luther King?"

"Yes that's him. We have to celebrate his birthday."

"Okay," said I, "I'll make a cake and we'll celebrate on the 16th." (Hey, any excuse for cake!)

"How old will he be?" she asked.

"Well he's dead," I said.

"Oh well, he can be thirteen and we have to put his name on the cake."

"Okay, can I just put MLK since it's easier?" I asked.

"Sure," she said.

So we are going to celebrate Martin Luther King's birthday. I need to bone up on my history so we can have an educational birthday party. I wonder what Mr. King's favorite cake flavor was.
***************
Something that I keep forgetting to mention is a sight I saw last month. I saw a mini-van...WITH...SPINNING HUBCAPS!

Everybody knows the only thing cooler than a mini-van is one with spinning hubcaps.

Soccer moms all over will be clamoring for this.
***************
Cindy Sheehan and Sean Penn came to the Sacramento area to criticize Bush and his administration's policies in Iraq.

Sean Penn showed once again the kind of brainiacs that live in Hollywood.

This is straight from the newspaper.

("Penn said Bush and the war in Iraq have made it hard for him to give up his addiction to cigarettes. "It makes it very difficult to quit smoking under this administration," he said.")

Huh?

Well his career may not be smoking, but he is.

I'm not a Bush fan myself, but c'mon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haa,I had to laugh at your last entry,too funny;p
My street is FULL of people like that,who'd love to ward us off...
Funnier still,we're the homeschoolers.They are the religious freaks.
Who knew the two,didn't always go together;p

Enjoy your cake,I am of the same mind(any excuse for cake!)

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love A's sense of adventure. Lets see excuses for cake, your anniv. MLK b'day, my anniv., Uncle W's bday, Valentines Day, your bday, SJ's bday. Thats just in the next 5 weeks. Whoopee bake every kind of cake there is.

8:38 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Some tan guy? Huh? But have a good birthday celebration,a nd I am sure MLK's favorite cake flavor was exactly the same as yours, Carolyn!

Also, keep in ind that as far as Sean penn goes - we are talking about a man who once thought it was a good idea to marry Madonna. I'm just saying...

8:57 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

Hallelujah! An excuse to eat cake and to teach the kids something important. Also, you should tell her about Rosa Parks the lady who refused to give up her seat on the bus.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I'm not sure why she called him "some tan guy."

I think it is either:
a: because we live in Caucasiaville
or
b: it's the new PC term and I just don't know it yet.

Some tan guy usually makes me think of George Hamilton.

10:14 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Wait a minute, don't leave me hanging. What's a "tan guy"?

12:58 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

george hamilton! bwahahahaha!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home