Monday, February 06, 2006

Blogger, Heal Thyself

I got on to post at seven-thirty tonight, or rather I tried to get on. Down again. Blogger - hire some new engineers.

Since Old Hoss is so fond of dung beetles, I decided to post some dung beetle facts.

Some dung beetles are picky eaters. That's right. They will only feast on the poop of one kind of animal.

"Young man, you are not getting up from this table until you finish your elephant dung!"

"But Mom, you know I only like antelope poopies!"

The dung beetle's society revolves around poop. Lovers present each other with balls of it during courtshit. The mating ritual involves a male and female rolling a ball of dung together. Maybe instead of pushing the bride's face into a wedding cake, the groom just smashes it into some dung. YUMMY!

The source of this fine information is the "Oh Yuck, Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty". My six-year old got this for Christmas. Guess who is getting the most enjoyment out of it?
********************
Does anybody remeber my posts about my annoying friend "S"? She now calls at least once a week to chat about absolutely nothing for at least an hour at a time.

I will be so glad when she gets off disability and goes back to work - for her and me.
********************
SJ was on day two of his diet today. My husband wants me to take him to the doctor to see if he is allergic to dairy and gluten.

He has a three year- shot appointment coming up. Maybe it could be a tiny bit early.

I do have to say one thing. He didn't flap his arms once ALL DAY LONG!

My husband was irked about the fact that I am trying to get him to give up dairy also. He tried it for today only. If he doesn't feel better tomorrow, he is going back to butter and everything else that he was craving today.

He is getting a scope down his throat in a few weeks. If they don't find anything, I hope that we can get the doctor to refer him to an allergist.
********************
For anybody that wants to watch the trailer for "Brokeback to the Future" go to www.youtube.com. This is a nifty little website where people send in their movie creations.

Toodles!

12 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

Carolyn, I have two words for you: CALLER ID

Saved my sanity.

Good news about SJ's diet, hope the doc is helpful.

and i like the weird gross facts - keep 'em coming!

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm.. This is AT. On bearette's blog, you told her to smack me upside the head. That's not nice!
-AT

4:19 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Hey AT,

Did she do it?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scope down the throat? Indoscopy? (sp?)
You know that after having one of those lots of dairy is great... lol, aka Ice Cream. His throat will be sore, if you didn't know that already. Though I prefered smoothies... hehe

Good Luck with the diet!

9:00 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Give up DAIRY? You mean, CHEESE??? No way. No.

9:45 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Hey, I found ur blog, from Aimee's...love it!!

The diet is wonderful..at least it has worked for me..good luck..

10:02 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks. I also have a newly started blog strictly devoted to posting what SJ ate and his behavior changes.

It's at gfcfdiet.blogspot.com

11:13 AM  
Blogger WORKINGGIRL55 said...

It sounds like it is working. I hope Big Sean gives it a chance also. It gives you more work but it would sure be worth it. You are a great Mom.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and dung beetles have a great deal in common.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Their both obsessed with poop?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

cool on the sj blog!!

i saw at today, but didn't smack him ;)

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm... No, she didn't. As she says.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home