Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day and venereal disease have the same initials. Why is that?
********************
My hair was finally shorn this weekend. I walked into one of those quick cut places and there was no wait, shocking in itself.

I told the man who was cutting my hair to do what he wanted but to leave the length, please.

This is my way of trying to keep them from cutting it too short.

You see, the hairdressers never cut it the way you want it.

Back in my teen years, I made the mistake of actually grabbing the books they keep in the front. You know the ones. They have pictures of beautiful hair cuts in them.

So you pick a hair cut and say, "This is the one I want."

The hairdresser says, "Okay", while secretly thinking, "This is impossible for me to do and I'm going to scalp you for asking in the first place."

Then they get sweet revenge by giving you the Bruce Willis look.

I learned early in life to never ask for a picture from the book. It just pisses them off.

My next ploy was to describe to them how I wanted it cut. "Long layers, please," I would say.

Short layers was what they heard. Half the time, they were short, crooked layers.

So I thought, silly me, that maybe if I said, "Keep the length, but do what you like," the hairdresser would be so flattered, that he would keep the lenghth.

Mwahahahahahahaah

He did what he wanted, just like they always do. It is a nice cut. It would look great on a girl with a little, tiny, pretty face. I'm not that girl.

Sigh.

Thank goodness it grows.

2 Comments:

Blogger EdotR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:00 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

Hoorraaayyy!! I envy u..i want to get my hair cut..but i'm a little scared..last time i went i ended up looking like i had just joined the marines...(that's what i got for cheating on my usual stylist)...Happy Belated V (not venereal) Day!!

6:00 AM

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home