Friday, February 17, 2006

Modern Customer Service

We have one local drugstore here in Stupid Town where I fill my prescriptions. So does the other 99.9% of the population. Every time I pick up a prescription, they are all in line in front of me.

My oldest daughter takes Zoloft. Why? Because she is stuck with me for a mother, that's why.

Anyway, this is a medication she is not supposed to skip.

Last Friday, I went to Dong's Long's Drug and told them she needed a refill. She had zero refills which means they needed to fax the doctor. This usually takes a few extra days so I assumed that her pills would be ready on Tuesday, at the latest.

Last night, (Thursday) I went back to pick it up, as she was now out of pills. I thought after seven days, her pills surely would be ready. That's what I get for thinking.

"The doctor's office hasn't faxed us back yet," said the lovely girl with the flat ass and pierced lip, who was behind the counter.

Dollars to donuts, the jerks didn't even fax the doctor's office.

I called the doctor's office this morning. They deduced that her chart is in their other office. We see a pediatric group with two offices. One is here in Stupid Town. The other one is about ten miles down the road in Snob Town. But still, it's all the same company.

The Stupid Town office transferred me to the Snob Town office.

"We don't have it here," said the girl. "It was probably faxed to the other office. Can you call the drugstore and tell them to fax it here?"

So I called the drugstore. All of this was taking place as I drove down the road talking on the cell phone, which I hate to do. My battery was also dying.

The drugstore clerk was not the brightest fellow in the world. After five minutes of excruciating slowness, he said, "We don't have the fax number to the Snob Town office. Can you call us back and give it to us?"

Sure - NO FREAKING PROBLEM!

After I arrived at SJ's occupational therapy, I called my pediatrician back and asked for the fax number.

Then I called the pharmacy back and gave it to them.

I will have to call the pediatrician one more time today, at least, to see if they approved it.

Customer Service is not only dead, it is cremated, buried six feet under and chances of reincarnation are non-existent.

Aaaargh!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohhhh grrrr,what a giant pain!

You made me laugh with your Dong's reference,HEH!
I also laugh when I hear Regina...

1:07 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

Amen, sister! I spent much of the afternoon on the phone with our gas company. I HATE people.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Thank YOU for that site,that's exactly what we need.
Thank you,thank you,thank you!
I'm showing it to Dur when he gets home...

4:19 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

You're welcome.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Joke said...

I have learned to avoid these hassles by assuming everyone is an idiot and to treat him or her condescendingly and warily.

Most times it works.

-J.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Joke,

Just never do that at the drive-thru. You will be eating loogy burgers. Hee hee

7:50 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

My pharmacy is top rate. Once I went in to pick up a prescrip., and the doc hadn't faxed back. The pharmacist PHONED and got the approval, and filled me up on the spot. Customer service is not dead everywhere.

8:56 AM  
Blogger EdotR said...

and u wonder what they teach these people in their customer service trainings??!!
Rule 1: Be veery slow..especially if ur job is behind the clerk at the pharmacy...
Rule 2: Act very stupid...like the great Socrates once said: I just know that I don't know anything...

4:13 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Old Hoss - Your pharmacist probably likes you. You're easy to like.

Lisa - Our population in the year 2000 was 15,000. It has grown a bit since then, but not many businesses have been added.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home